|Job Field||Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain|
Ref Id: req8741
Reports to: The procurement and Supply Management Expert.
Project Overview and Role
- The UK Department of International Development (DFID) appointed Palladium as the Supplier to deliver the UK Support for Health in Nigeria – Lafiya contract. Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach. The programme will run for an initial term of up to 7 years from February 2020 to finish by January 2027 (subject to availability of funding and other approvals by the Client).
- The ongoing DFID COVID-19 support in Nigeria through Lafiya contributes to the following three objectives:
- Support to the COVID-19 response in Lafiya targeted states and at national level including flexing to other states where the need is greatest. In addition to the 5 Lafiya target states, we have flexed to three additional states (Lagos, Katsina and Zamfara)
- Support to continuity and access to essential primary health services
- Support to central role of health workforce in the response
- To achieve objective 2 above, the DFID approved for the program, to procure some basic Infection prevention and Control (IPC) consumables, to meet the immediate need of some 120 selected facilities across the supported states, with the aim of contributing to continuity of essential services and protecting the primary healthcare workers; this emergency stock of basic medical consumables is for 6 months only.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Consultant Supply Chain Advisor will be responsible for the day to day management of all activities related to the procurement including, oversight of delivery to facilities, vendor documentation and invoicing, supporting with health facility assessments, trainings and post-delivery reporting requirements. As such, s/he is expected to exercise judgement within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and ongoing evaluation of programme delivery and results.
The Consultant Supply Chain Advisor will be responsible for:
- With PSM Expert, develop systems that will support forecasting and planning for the Lafiya supported state’s needs and requirements by keeping abreast of market and product trends and development.
- Design and implement responsive systems/processes that will ensure timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods and services in liaison with the PSM Expert.
- Provide mechanisms that will ensure that there are proper linkages with supplies, accounting and other stores procedures to ensure that the states properly maintains stocks based on demand.
- Providing oversight of delivery to facilities
- Provide oversight to the activities of the Quality assurance consultants in the project.
- Management of the pipeline from placing the orders up till delivery to the states’ central medical stores.
- Provide the necessary vendor documentation and invoicing
- Prepare post-delivery, periodic and final reporting of the project to the program leadership.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the PSM expert.
- Bi-monthly reporting of activities to the program management and a final report of activities with stock balance of the consumables across all project locations.
The time input for the consultancy is indicated in the table below:
- Activity – Number of days
- Day to day management of the project; (9 days/month) – 84
- Reporting of activities – 6
- Total – 90.
Terms of Payment:
- Payment will be made at the end of every month for days worked, on presentation of completed timesheet and invoice.
- While conducting this activity, LAFIYA Project will take care of consultants’ hotel accommodation and per diem while out of station where applicable.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Policy and Governance, Health Economics, or any other relevant field required.
- Extensive experience in Programme Management, including experience designing, implementing, and managing or evaluating complex health programme.
- Proven technical experience in health systems strengthening; health financing; health management information systems, health sector policy and strategies, working with the private sector, advocacy and accountability and family planning
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the health policy environment and governance in Nigeria, particularly in the Northern regions preferred.
- Knowledge of government health systems and proven experience building national and sub-national capacity of government, service providers and civil society organisations.
- Experience in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders including government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required, working knowledge of Hausa and other local languages preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, and evaluative skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- The Consultant Supply Chain Advisor will be based in any of the program states with occasional travel to targeted States.
- A total of 90 days spread over 10 months (Average of 9 days per month); from September 2020 to June 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group on palladium.csod.com to apply