Applications for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program is now open for intelligent and talented studcent for the 2023-2024 academic session.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program provides full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters, medical insurance, a monthly stipend, two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control, book allowance, sstudent housing, laptop during the duration of the program, internship/practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed and opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants. Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Students program is a collaboration between the US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), and American University in Cairo (AUC).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): US Department of State, NEA/AC & AUC
Name of Institution(s): American University in Cairo (AUC)
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: PhD and Master studies
Nationality: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, the West Bank, and Gaza.
To become eligible for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Students program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The Applicants who are eligible to join should be nationals/citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Applicants must Meet AUC graduate admission requirements
- Applicants must have a Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Applicant must be competent in written and spoken English
- Applicant must ossess maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Applicant must be in need financial aid.
Eligible Graduate Programs
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Students program provides students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) a unique opportunity to pursue higher education and earn a master’s degree at The American University in Cairo (AUC) in one of the following graduate programs:
- Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies (MA GNST)
- Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education (MA ICED)
- Master of Arts in Migration and Refugee Studies (MA CMRS)
- Master of Arts in Economics in International Development (MA ECID)
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (MA JRMC)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MA in Middle East Studies (MA MEST)
- Master of International Human Rights Law (MA IHRL)
- Master of Science in Sustainable Development (MS SSDV)
- Master of Arts in Sociology/Anthropology (MA SOAN)
- Master of Arts in Political Science (MA POLS)
- Master of Science in Biotechnology (MS BIOT)
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering (MS ENVE)
Intrested applicants for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Students program, must apply to the FHI360 application and submit the AUC TLG graduate admission application before the application cdeadlione. For enquires, applicants should send an email to [email protected].
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023