The University of Columbia is pleased to announce applications for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University 2024-2025 academic session.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program brings together rising leaders from around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries and regions. The program provides monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City, a furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, all tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Obama Foundation
Name of Institution: University of Columbia, New York City.
Scholarship Type: Full funding.
Scholarship Worth: Several
Study Level: All Courses.
Nationality: Domestic and foreign students
Applicants who wish to enroll for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Applicants are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
- Applicant must have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Applicant must have demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
- Applicant must be fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
Interested applicants the Obama Foundation Scholars Program are to complete the online application form and submit their resume/curriculum vitae,( should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements), personal video statement (should be a short video no longer than five minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee, applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application, additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement can be found in the online application), responses to short essay question (the short essay questions help the selection committee understand the applicant’s work, their motivation and how the program fits into their career trajectory) before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: December 12, 2023