The American University in Cairo, Egypt is happy to announce the commence of application for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program for the academic year 2024.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program is aimed at providing awards for intelligent and high performing students who wish to enroll for their master’s degree at the University. Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) students’ program is a joint effort between the US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), and American University in Cairo (AUC). The program provides successful applicants with a monthly stipend, student Housing, a laptop, internship/practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed, an opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants, full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters, medical insurance and two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): US Department of State and Partners
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Name of Institution(s): The American University in Cairo
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: International Students
To be considered for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The students who are eligible to join should be nationals/citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Applicant must meet AUC graduate admission requirements
- Applicant must have trong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Applicants must be proficiency in written and spoken English
- Applicants must possess maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Candidate must show financial need.
- Applicant must commit to pursuing their graduate thesis research in one of the eligible research projects.
Interested applicants for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program 2024 are to submit applications in two categories. Applicant must apply to the FHI360 application and submit the AUC TLG graduate admission application
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023.