- Youverify is looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to join the Technology team to build the next-generation applications to solving complex problems and work with a world-class engineering and product team to deliver innovative products for our users.
What a typical week may look like at Youverify
- Design and implement new features and enhancements using NodeJS.
- Fix bugs assigned during the sprint planning process.
- Design, innovate and solve complex problems inherent in operating a high scale classifieds platform.
- Play a key role in reviewing and approving the work of your peers as part of the software development process.
- Interact with product owners, partners and business stakeholders to understand and develop requirements
- Debugging and Improvement of existing systems.
- Expand our micro-services architecture
- Management of all 3rd party tool relationships and integrations from a technical aspect. i.e. SMS providers, Email, APIs, Finance tools, Marketing tools, Business tools, AWS etc.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience working with NodeJS
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Intermediate understanding of unit and integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries – Mocha, Jest etc
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Experience having worked with at least one Web Framework for your language of choice
- Comfort and familiarity with code editor and formatting tools
- Familiarity with at least one web server technology â€” (ex: Apache, Nginx)
- Working knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool â€” Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, Github Action
- Working knowledge of gRPC and protocol buffers
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Familiarity with containerization infrastructure (Docker), Caching (Redis), API gateway (KrakenD), orchestration (Kubernetes), Distributed tracing (Jaeger), Service mesh (LinkerD) and observability
- Knowledge of microservices (or SOA), Docker, and/or distributed systems.
- Good working knowledge of NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra), Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle), Messaging Systems (RabbitMQ), Kafka
- Experience with managing and deploying applications on AWS/DigitalOcean/GCP
In addition to the requirements listed above, all engineers need to possess a combination of the following soft skills:
- Integrity and honesty
- Effective communication
- Critical thinking
- Willingness to learn
What You Get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Medical coverage
- Very attractive Remuneration
- A unique opportunity of growth and having strong impact in building the African identity and data management sector
- Top Range Machines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV including link to your GitHub profile and portfolio to: [email protected] using “the job title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted