Number of Subordinates: Nil
Reports to: Organizational Support Manager
The Senior Research & Development Officer is responsible for conducting general research, assisting in the development, planning, and implementation of new research projects and programs of the Society. He/ She has the primary responsibility for assisting in the planning, facilitating, and managing the organization’s marketing research projects including communications, and social science, and other similar research. The Senior Research Officer collaborates with Departmental Managers to support and lend guidance to sector, market, trends, best practice, and other similar research. The Officer will also assist in the development of compelling deliverables that will drive mobilization and engagement to add value to the Society for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Prevention. The Senior R&D Officer would also stay informed on what is happening in the research and development field at large in order to make sure the society is up-to-date and current with the most advanced R&D developments.
Research Strategy and Planning
- Be responsible for the collection of primary data and administration of research surveys and questionnaires.
- Contribute to research strategy holistically and on a project-by-project basis.
- Suggest training tools to enhance employee performance and skills development.
- Contribute to strategy for, plus develop and manage, the annual research calendar, publications and programmes of the Society.
- Assist in the design of all SFAFP research projects.
- Manage the process for and contribute to the selection decisions of external research partners where applicable.
- Document all phases of research and development.
- Track, comment on, and distribute to internal stakeholders’ relevant research conducted by other organizations.
- Research Analysis, Production, and Distribution
- Provide primary or secondary analysis of all research data, which may involve the use of quantitative and/or qualitative methods, to support the development of or contributions to key findings.
- Assist in the creation of research reports and presentations, including drafting the findings report and presentation, and collaborating with stakeholders on design and production.
- Collaborate with team on key research talking points.
- Manage the process and ensure research findings/reports/presentations are announced and distributed. Seek and manage the development and distribution of new/innovative methods for sharing the findings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the creation and production of original content for dissemination via sector website, publications, newsletters and other media.
- Contribute to and/or directly participate in the oral presentation and training on findings.
Research Project Management
- Assist in the management of research projects, including creating and managing plans, schedules, budgets, deliverables, and stakeholder contributions.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with research agency partners where applicable.
- Assist in the development and management of project management processes, procedures, and archival.
- Track and report on research activities, progress, and outcomes. Conduct periodic review and evaluation of efficacy of research efforts in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in regular team meetings to review progress and deliverables.
Technical Skills Requirement
- Master Degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Management, Marketing, Economics or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in marketing research, or research and development role
- Experience working in/ with local/ regional/national public authorities and institutions.
- • Master’s Degree in relevant field is a necessary requirement.
- 2-3 years’ experience directly overseeing research planning, statistical analysis, and project management
- Leadership and management skills, budgeting ability, communication and presentation skills, ingenuity and creativity.
Knowledge and Competences
- Demonstrated expertise participating in the design, analyses, and distribution of operationalized research for targeted projects.
- Masterful analytical skills, including the ability to distill useful findings from a body of data, relating findings to external factors and context, and unearthing patterns of findings, discerning which are useful.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proven success in ability to present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively.
- Demonstrated expertise communicating with and managing relationships with external research vendors.
- Excellent project management skills including demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities and multiple tasks. Outcomes and deadlines oriented.
- Excellent attention to detail. Organized and process-oriented.
- Ability to deliver high quality work, quickly in a dynamic organization under time pressure.
- Ability to effectively use content management systems, social media, Microsoft Office Suite; Google Docs, and Smart Sheets.
- Demonstrated success in creating real impact within a networked, cross-organizational environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.