Function: Not Applicable
Sub-Function: Not Applicable
Functional Area: Sales
Dept. / Product: Packaged Foods Business
- Senior Leadership role
Overview of Position / Detailed Job Description
- The Sales Development Manager would be responsible for enabling the Business Units to build route to market, distributor automation, salesforce capability, salesforce automation and performance score cards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help develop & deploy the right ‘Route to Market’ model for each Business Unit – both short term & long term.
- Develop RTM with deep channel, customer & category understanding – General Trade, Modern Trade, E-Commerce, Institutional Trade, Hub and Spoke Rural distribution
- Develop and implement common sales processes/ systems & tools across businesses and categories
- Develop & Deploy the ‘Olam Way of Selling’ across sales organizations:
- Ritualize – ‘Day in the life’ ‘One language’
- Standardized Sales Call (at various levels).
- Managing Redistribution: Outlet Mapping, Target Setting, Daily Route Coverage Plans, Beat Plans, PJP, Productivity
- Salesforce productivity score cards (Direct Coverage, Effective Coverage, Productivity, Lines Sold…)
- Reporting Systems including DSRs, Retail Cards, Monthly Reporting, Monthly Claims (if any), Damage & Shortage Claims.
- Distributor Management: Briefing, Order Management, Stock Management, Credit Management., ROI calculations
- KPI formulation & tracking.
- Route Optimizations Devise appropriate checks and balances in the process & reporting formats.
- Develop and implement sales and distribution metrics, Drive efficiency and productivity of our Sales force and Redistribution assets
- Work on Sales Automation in the medium to long term, identify capability needs of the sales organization in terms of skills and competencies based on the business & sales
- Develop training modules for various levels of sales teams.
- Either in-house or with external help
- Innovative Methods: Role Plays; Videos…
- Adapted to local cultures.
- New members to be inducted with focus on product & functional knowledge.
- Drive structured ‘On-the-job’ training for company sales team & merchandisers – new recruits as well as current personnel.
- Provide coaching, guidance and work out professional development plans to help the sales force reach their full potential & create a world class sales force.
- Lead and develop process of field force incentive systems & recognition programmes.
- Help in developing Trade Marketing Plans. Lead with ideas for different categories.
- Independently access quality of service to customers. Work with Business Heads & Sales Managers to improve the same.
- Candidate with extensive exposure in Sales, Route to Market, Sales Capability Development, who has worked up from the ranks.
- Minimum 12-15 Years of work exposure in Leading Foods & Beverages Company
- Premier Institute MBA preferred.
- Willing to relocate to Lagos, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Olam Nigeria Limited on careers.olamgroup.com to apply