|Job Field||Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain|
Our client who operates in the hospitality space is looking for an experienced candidate to join their vibrant team in the position below:
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
- Arrange for disposal, return or exchange of surplus materials.
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Performing inventory inspections and reordering supplies and stock as necessary.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Communicates with executives and gains approval for purchasing contracts with new vendors or on new supplies
- Continuously comparison shops and negotiates to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies
- Oversees supply chain management
- Processes payments and invoices
- Keeps a well-organised collection of contracts for easy reference when needed
- Attends meetings to stay up to date on the company’s objectives
- Attends conferences to meet potential new suppliers and glean insight from other professionals in the purchasing field
- A degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a Purchasing Manager or any similar role
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with a business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Solid judgement along with decision-making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities.
Method of Application
Interested an qualified candidates should sent their CV to: [email protected] using “Event Coordinator” as the subject of the mail.