|Job Field||Medical / Health Care NGO / Non-profit|
|Job Type||Contract Full-Time|
Open To: All qualified candidates
Duration: 2 months
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Position Summary: The Project Director will provide overall technical leadership in quality improvement with a special focus on Health Systems Strengthening as a member of the central technical team. Coordinates technical work and advances program quality with attention to assessed gaps in the states PHCs. Specifically identify critical gaps and provide recommendations on health system strengthening as it applies to PHCs and its linkages with other sectors of the health system. This is a local position and is contingent upon award.
- Support in the design of the project Performance Monitoring (Monitoring and Evaluation) Plans
- Provide technical leadership and technical assistance in developing a PHC system strengthening plan with a menu of phasing options for future programming and funding options.
- Lead in the assessment of current gaps in utilization and needs in the PHC’s facility infrastructure improvement.
- Develop a PHC system strengthening plan with a menu of phasing options for future programming and funding options along all six PHC system pillars.
- Develop a PHC service delivery plan.
- Provide technical support in investigating systems of health financing across all the PHCs
- Provide technical recommendation on Human Resource for Health (HRH) in the state
- Lead in the conduction of an Impact Assessment Report on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the state’s PHC system.
- Provide support with technical review on PHC assessment and evaluation documents developed by the principal investigator and the team
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested
- Oversight of research staff conducting in-depth assessments of program activities
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in public health or social sciences, or a related degree relevant to the field of public health.
- At least eight years demonstrated experience in at least three of the following areas: health policy development and operationalization; quality improvement at health care facilities in Nigeria, capacity building among local organizations and/or host country government at various levels; health workforce and professional leadership development; program implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office), preference for a person with familiarity with mobile technology and an interest in technological innovations in public health practice.
- Ability to work independently, previous supervisory experience, and manage a high volume work flow
- A collaborative style, but an ability to get things done and deliver programs in a timely manner.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: [email protected] The deadline for submission is close of business on Monday 7th September 2020, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.