|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
- The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorize access to project accounts.
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project.
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- Report on project profitability to management.
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers.
- Approve the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- At least three years of experience in project accounting.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Deloitte on apply.workable.com to apply