Job number: 888232
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- Microsoft Teams is on fire! We’re on course to totally disrupt the team collaboration space. Even before we launched the press was calling us “the first product to truly compete against hot group-messaging apps” (PC World), and Gartner called us “a real game changer”.
- Join us to revolutionize how teams collaborate and work together smarter. It’s not just about email, or files, or chat, or calls – it’s about bringing a team together in a social experience that makes it easy to share and collaborate, have fun, and build upon the capabilities of Office 365.
- We are creating a new capability in our engineering team to scale customer adoption of Microsoft Teams, and we are looking for customer professionals to drive that effort. We will directly engage with key reference customers to guide their end-to-end adoption of Microsoft Teams, and we will also go deep into specific verticals and regions to better understand and support the adoption of Microsoft Teams and partner solutions. A big part of this function is listening to and channeling customer feedback into meaningful product improvements to drive adoption. Further, we will develop a deep understanding of customer success (and failures) to inform our short- and long-term strategies.
- The successful candidate will build upon a history of leading successful customer engagements – e.g. in a direct field role or overlay function – with good product and technical sense. Since this is a customer-facing role, travel is to be expected.
- We operate in an extremely fast-paced environment with rapid exploration, iteration, and execution. Your colleagues will be among the best in the industry – they’ve earned their stripes in startups and v1 products and share an intense passion for delivering an amazing product.
- Own a Teams customer pipeline and executive reporting on adoption
- Maintain and drive a customer improvement feature backlog.
- Drive design and development for specific customer issues to unblock adoption, then turn them into general solutions (new features), toolkits, documentation, etc.
- Identify broader and/or latent trends and opportunities to drive longer-term investments and product shifts
- Directly manage multiple key customer accounts as part of a team to manage strategic customers through their adoption lifecycle
- Build Team capabilities in verticals and regions to complement depth customer engagements
- Support OneList and other sales signals activities
- Create a Teams-specific customer connection events
- Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure.
- 8+ years of direct customer engagement experience, either in an engineering role with a strong customer focus, or a field role with a strong technical focus
- Track record of guiding large referenceable accounts from evaluation all the way through deployment at scale
- Deep understanding of Microsoft field roles and rhythm of business and ability to engage with the field, and leverage them as a force multiplier for adoption
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the temperament to lead a change in direction when needed
- Creative and critical thinking about customer programs and product capabilities
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing startup environment
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent in-person presentation skills with executives, IT staff, and end users; able to pivot quickly and adapt messaging to suit a range of audience technical levels and requirements
- Solid understanding of collaboration technology and global cloud services, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Prior experience driving customer adoption of Skype for Business or related products is desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is desired.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Microsoft on careers.microsoft.com to apply