- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Produce detailed specifications
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary,among other delegated duties.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge and experience of PHP development and web frameworks.
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong MySQL Skills, databases and their declarative query languages
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, etc.
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- It would also be an advantage for the PHP developer to have:
- Experience using OOP
- Experience with the latest web technologies
- IT-related degree – OND, HND, BA/B.Sc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
- With at least 3 years experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Oscar Temple on www.linkedin.com to apply