DeDa Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DeDa hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DeDa hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare.
Today, DeDa Hospital has thousands of patients, numerous staff and healthcare professionals. DeDa hospital provides a wide range of healthcare services, and participates in a few healthcare plans although its core is gynecology.
Renowned for our expertise in gynecology service, DeDa hospital ranks as one of the best in delivering quality gynecology and mother-child healthcare services. Our specialists perform cutting-edge technological surgeries and with God on our side, every one of them has been successful. We are consistent at providing the latest medical advances in a welcoming environment to enhance a sense of wellness and healing for all our clients.
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , Others
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
- Direct participation in surgical procedures;
- Assistance in clinical research and record keeping as required by the organisation
- Assess patients condition before surgery
- Control all equipment and material stock used in the Operating Theatre to ensure efficient and rational use of material resources
- Keep the operating room sterilized
- Position the patient on operating table
- Pass medical instruments to the surgeons during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs
- Evaluate postoperative patients
- Reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards
- Communicate with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Manage sterilization of equipments
- Assist the surgeon and anaesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs in order to facilitate their job
- Organise patient transportation from the Opearating Theatre to the recovery room and carry-out and/or supervise all the postoperative activities.
- Supervise and train the nurse aides and cleaners while following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to monthly reports according to guidelines (statistical reports, etc.)
- Nursing Degree (or equivalent Diploma) with valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Minimum of 3 years’ continuous professional experience in one or more of the following specialist theatre areas: Emergency Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Cardiac Surgery (including Paediatric).
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Compassionate and friendly personality
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Team player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Self-driven with a solution-oriented approach
- Fluency in Hausa will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.