|Job Field||Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant|
|Education||Secondary School (SSCE)|
- The ideal candidate must be well experienced practically in Local Nigerian dishess as well as Continental cuisine.
- Must have experince in meal planning and organization.
- Must be able to produce food preparation recipes as well as ensuring consistency in food taste and presentation.
- Must have experience in Food dressing and presentation.
- Must be able to train other cooks in food preparation.
- Must be able stylish in food preparation and presentation.
- Knowledable in Food Hygiene.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client.
- Prepares food before the arrival of guests.
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns.
- Manages other employees in the kitchen.
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs.
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed.
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference.
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process.
- Devises new recipes.
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation.
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases.
- Must be able to come up with strategies to curb wastage.
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience.
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins.
- Offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
- Cleans up after business hours.
- Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service.
- Minimum of O’Level Certificate.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment/ under pressure.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience as a cook.
- Must be willing to learn.
- Must be able to make varieties of continental dishes. This will be practically tested.
- Must have worked in at least a 4 star hotel.
Note: This job requires night shift.
Method of Application
Send detailed CV which must include 2 referees (phone number, full work address and email address) of either current or past employer of a job in which you served for a minimum of 2years to : [email protected]