Open To: All qualified candidates
Duration: 2 months
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Position Summary: The MERL Assistant will provide support to the Program team with the implementation of MERL and Program activities. This is a local position and is contingent upon award.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Result and Learning role:
- Support the planning and implementation of surveys for the project.
- Support the conduct of baseline mapping and analysis activities in the PHC’s.
- Support in standardization of MERL tools and methodologies.
- Assist in the updating of databases.
- Support in collating and analyzing of data.
- Support in the development of an impact assessment report.
- Conduct data entry activities.
- Support in conducting supply chain assessment of the PHC system.
- Assist with desk review of existing assessments reports, identify and fill in gaps
- Perform other tasks as required.
· Assist with preparation and submission of timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learned on the ground from the projects.
- Assist with desk review of existing assessments reports, identify and fill information gaps.
- Contribute to the review and tracking of all deliverables and milestones.
- Assist in developing and monitoring work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Ensure project progress against targets for capacity development performance indicators is regularly tracked in centralized M&E systems.
- BSc in Social Sciences, Development Studies, statistics, community or public health with at least 2 years of experience working in NGOs in the same capacity.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and any statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, EPIINFO, etc.);
- Experience with data form design, collection and data entry;
- Demonstrated ability to work with large quantities of data and convert it into understandable results.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amount of information.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Possess positive attitude, Self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker, confident in dealing with people.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: [email protected] The deadline for submission is close of business on Monday 7th September 2020, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.