- The overall goal of GHSC-PSM is to procure and provide health commodities for all USAID health programs, including but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health, as well as provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support data management processes at state level and ensure that standard processes are followed, identify gaps and implement corrective actions in coordination with other state staff and stakeholders
- Support and build the capacity at state level on monitoring and evaluation, supportive visits, data analysis and presentation.
- Participate in the review of Nigeria Health LMIS data and outputs to assess quality of data entry process
- Support state performance review meetings with trend and root cause analysis to facilitate performance improvement initiatives
- Participate in state level Site Improvement Monitoring System (SIMS) assessment as required, and ensure all preparatory activities and means of verification are available
- Conduct health facility data quality assessment as required
- Support periodic program KPI analysis at national level and other data request by stakeholders
- Coordinate and support update of state health facility report tracker
- Participate in internal data quality checks and analysis to support program reporting, and follow up on corrective actions
- Support state specific Last Mile Distribution monitoring with deployment of SurveyCTO data capture tool and data analysis
- Keep track of KPIs for states in the region and advise RM and state teams on a bi-monthly / quarterly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the technical supervisor
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (Regional) will report to the M&E Manager or his / her designee.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, Development, Statistics or related field and at least 5 years of work experience in international public health programs; 4 of which should be focused on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to M&E in public health programs
- Experience in the design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain and analyze data.
- Possess strong data analysis, interpretation, manipulation and data quality assurance skills. With good knowledge of database management, and retrieval methods.
- Ability to synthesize program data into effective presentation of results to help guide recommendations on performance improvement.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilizing checklists and other M&E national tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
- Experience in the design, conduct and analysis of studies (quantitative and qualitative)
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (MS-Word, MS-Excel, Power Point, Power BI). Experience with database development and management in Access or Python/R a plus. Experience using mapping (e.g., Arc-GIS, Health Mapper, etc.), and statistical analysis software (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar) also a plus
- Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures
- Ability to work independently and to manage activities daily with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other staff, USAID, consultants, MOH, and international organizations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Region, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International on chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com to apply