- Oversee and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate the full order cycle, overseeing the entire process to ensure a seamless delivery.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Keep track of quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Oversee the warehouse, catalogue goods, plan routers and process shipments, ensuring a seamless delivery of any client deliverables.
- Resolve any problems or complaints, demonstrating exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Supervise, coach and train the warehouse workforce in order to encourage progression within the team and ensure implementation of all regulations within the company.
- Strive to meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeline targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data in order to assess performance and implementation improvements.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Customs Brokerage Department: carry out customs entry and perform good customer service
- Maintenance of customs clearance process & trucking in time to achieve the growth and the profit objectives of the company
- Source the best qualified 3rd part customs broker and truckers and proceed to become approved service providers.
- Maintain and monitor all customs licenses and certificates, ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Develop and maintain both new and existing customer relationships, promoting the company’s services.
- Manage and offer advice on custom legislation where necessary.
- Consult and provide training where necessary in order to encourage progression within your team.
- Manage and assist with commercial business development, implementing changes where necessary.
- Allocate and assign qualified representatives to their relevant departments.
Sea Freight Coordination:
- Negotiate and book cargo with shipping lines.
- Complete customs clearances, ensuring full compliance to any relevant regulations.
- Manage documentation flow. This includes bills of lading, packing lists, commercial invoices and certificates of origin and licences.
- Ship out of gauge/project cargo.
- Coordinate the collection/delivery process and manage this until the final destination.
- Work in a small team, covering all aspects of the forwarding process.
- The Sea Freight Coordinator will book all movement of modes of freight.
- The Shipping Manager will use software to track, check, prioritise and route orders.
- Manage all shipping related documents, keeping them up to date and organised in an effective manner.
- Manage and coordinate where necessary the direct flow of packages, overseeing the process from preparation to shipment.
- Inspect all labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders to ensure everything has been completed correctly and that the shipments are ready to be sent.
- Supervise, train and lead a team of coordinators.
- Control the budget of the shipping department.
- Resolve any issues that may arise regarding shipped orders in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure all team members understand and comply with all legal regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Report to management on any activities and issues.
- Organise the safe shipping of cargo, ensuring a seamless delivery.
- Oversee and manage the budget of the shipping department.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- 10 year’s experience in similar position.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fadac Resources on fadacresources.zohorecruit.com to apply