|Job Field||Law / Legal|
|Experience||10 - 15 years|
- We are presently looking for an experienced Legal Adviser with extensive knowledge of commercial laws, financial sector and the manufacturing industry, coupled with an astute knowledge of Administration and Human Resources.
- You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- He/she will be responsible for providing day-to-day legal support to the company and its subsidiaries while working with all levels of employees across the business.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
Job Competencies and Capabilities:
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements-SLAs, lawsuits, patents etc.)
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Provide day-to-day legal advice to the business Commercial and Intellectual Property matters.
- Draft, negotiate and/or review a wide variety of client and vendor contracts across our business, and the rest of the world, including Licensing and Design Service Agreements (LDSAs), Franchising Agreements, Agency Agreements and Services Contracts to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Manage the process of contract renewals, terminations and enforcement of contractual terms as necessary.
- Advising on employment matters, including reviewing and updating HR policies and employment contract terms to ensure legal compliance with employment law matters.
- Preparing and filing required government reports
- Reviewing new business relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Guiding managers on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Analysing legal issues relating to proposed services.
- Structuring joint enterprises with other organizations.
To succeed in this role, you will require:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- A minimum of 10 – 15 years post-call experience with more than 5 years in a senior management position in the Legal Department of a highly reputable company.
- Must be proficient in commercial law, corporate governance guild lines, understand the financial industry and should be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications may be an added advantage
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment
- MBA + grasp of mathematics will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial laws.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills;
- Self-driven and resourceful.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Not more than 45 years old.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.