|Job Field||NGO / Non-profit|
Ref No: req8227
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads implementation of the project’s communication and knowledge management strategy in the State;
- Captures and documents lessons learned, success stories and champions the scaling-up of best practices;
- Works with the state M&E team to support preparation of high-quality project reports and documentation;
- Contributes to content management of the external website and intranet if required;
- Facilitates knowledge management (KM) and communication-related capacity development events and sharing of best practices;
- Ensures compliance with the IHP branding and marking strategy;
- Develops communications campaigns to highlight thematic topic areas as necessary, and helps develop and implement engagement strategies;
- Facilitates linkages and partnerships with media organizations to promote ongoing conversation about health issues relevant to IHP work
- Organizes and backstops webinars and other learning events, as needed;
- Facilitates media and social media administrative processes if required.
- Reports to Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist at ACO and supervised by Senior MEL Manager
- The Knowledge Management Specialist must be experienced in public health/public health communication, international development, or related field.
- S/he will have demonstrated experience working with complex health or development projects that required collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- S/he must be familiar with the public context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Knowledge Management, Public Policy Communications or related field. A Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in communications, health communications/reporting, knowledge management, social media or related field, and working in public health with USAID/International Donor Programs.
- Demonstrated strength and experience writing project reports (progress updates, monthly, quarterly, annual), technical reports, and policy briefs
- Proven ability to lead the planning, coordination and execution of communications products
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning is preferred.
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with IHP internal and external stakeholders
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and graphics design software.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group on palladium.csod.com to apply