|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
|Experience||4 - 7 years|
Location: Marina – Lagos
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Build/update and maintain financial models for individual companies under coverage, as well as a sector database covering earnings, valuations and macroeconomic data for relevant companies.
- Initiate research coverage on assigned sectors, producing insightful research reports, regular maintenance research as well as thematic research reports.
- Build industry database for sector under coverage and provide in-depth analysis on equities covered to domestic statement and foreign institutional portfolio managers to aid investment decision.
- Regularly get out of the office to meet management of the companies you cover, competitors, and suppliers and conduct channel check-utilize being based locally to give investors an on the ground perspective.
- Write call notes and present investment recommendations, background and breaking information on covered companies to the equity sales team in order to drive trades.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Weekly Economic and Financial Commentary.
- The Analyst will be assigned coverage of macroeconomic variables, and is expected to provide in-depth analysis for the Monthly Economic Insights and AAM Economic Outlook.
- Provide data support on coverage sectors to Asset Management business.
- Maintain and update research contribution to distribution channels like Bloomberg, Factset, Thompson Reuters (Refinitiv) and S&P Capital IQ.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the line manager towards achieving departmental as well as organizational goals.
Experience and Qualifications
- BSc. in relevant fields. A CFA (completed or in-view) or finance-related post-graduate trainings and programmes could be an added advantage.
- 4 – 7 years’ experience working as a research and investment analyst in a reputable Asset Management firm in Nigeria.
- Proficient with Excel and other analytical tools
- Strong communications skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully perform with multiple priorities.
- Ability to develop and refine complex financial models, analytical processes and methodologies.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently while fully functioning within a team environment.
- Ability to monitor and assess numerous data sources, industry sectors, asset classes and investments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using “Portfolio Manager” as the subject of the mail.