|Job Field||Medical / Health Care NGO / Non-profit|
|Job Type||Contract Full-Time|
Open To: All qualified candidates
Duration: 2 months
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Position Summary: The Health Finance Specialist is responsible for providing support in the areas of health financing, costing and public financial management. The Health Financing Specialist will work with the team to develop health financing approaches tailored to Gombe state and its primary health care facilities in their goal to achieving universal health coverage. This role requires a combination of exceptional analytical skills, including quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis as well the ability to effectively synthesize and visualize findings, and translate messages for various audiences. This is a local position and is contingent upon award
- Support the development of an investment case for health tailored to Gombe State to resonate with ministries of finance and/or other target agencies;
- Design and implement state studies to evaluate the cost of specific health interventions and programs;
- Develop document that will guide the state ministry of health on budget planning & preparation, budget advocacy, and the development of state health financing strategies, including in-state resource mobilization;
- Carry out analyses on fiscal space, out-of-pocket spending, benefit incidence, or a state-wide health accounts exercise;
- Develop a financial resource allocation framework, including budget allocation criteria and a tool;
- Draft a recommendation/develop the design and implementation of performance-based financing (PBF) systems;
- Develop strategy document on public financial management (PFM) for state-level stakeholders.
- Support in the production of high-quality written reports and presentations, including technical documents, project status reports, and policy briefs.
- Master’s degree in health economics, economics, or public health with a health financing focus;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in health financing and health economics;
- Experience working with ministries of health, Primary Health Care Development Agencies and finance, donors and implementing agencies, and strong communication skills to knowledgably and effectively interact with key actors.
- Established track record of carrying out analytical work and preparing high-quality technical reports, policy briefing materials, and presentations.
- Strong quantitative skills and research capacity, proficiency in Stata or another statistics software is highly desirable, or may be substituted by exceptional command of Excel;
- Strong and compelling writing skills;
- Fluent command of English; working proficiency in Hausa is desirable;
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: [email protected]. The deadline for submission is close of business on Monday 7th September 2020, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.