- Monitor, evaluate, and determine the priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing, and repair projects; review the work of mechanics and other maintenance personnel to assure compliance with established standards, guidelines and procedures; direct off-site maintenance, repair, and recovery functions for roadside vehicle malfunctions.
- Assure adequate personnel, equipment, and material levels to meet maintenance, servicing, and repair needs; coordinate equipment, material and supply purchases as appropriate; directly related inventory functions.
- Direct and participate in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and files related to vehicles, maintenance, repairs, projects, mileage, depreciation, financial activity and assigned duties
- Direct the service, repair, and preventive maintenance of all vehicles; develop, implement, and supervise preventive maintenance programs; periodically review repair work and procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and efficiency; recommend vehicles for replacement, prepare specifications, and arranges for auction or disposal as necessary.
- Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for vehicle maintenance, repair, operation, servicing, and procurement functions; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Provide technical information and assistance to the Management regarding automotive needs and issues; assist in the formulation and development of policies, procedures, and programs.
- Fill out necessary paperwork and documentation as required
- Ensure that all parts and supplies are charged out to the proper repair order.
- Ensure conformance with vehicle manufacturer’s service manual and bulletins.
- Ensure vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Ensure proper working conditions and shop and vehicle safety practices are followed
- File warranty claims, warranty logs, etc
- Produce periodic and yearly reports.
BSC/HND In Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical or Electronic Engineering)
Masters in Engineering or an MBA
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Tools management
- Scheduling management
- Quality management
- Safety and health management
- Strategy and financial management
Minimum 20 years Management Experience within transport workshop.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.