|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
- Oversees the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes, including support to clients / departments as they work with and understand these processes.
- Directs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution
- Supervises other Finance and Accounting employees in areas relating to general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers and related reporting.
Core Work Activities
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies:
- Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
- Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the company.
- Complies with Federal and State laws applying to fraud and collection procedures.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Balances credit card ledgers.
- Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for direct billed groups if necessary.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals:
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
- Completes period end function each period.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge:
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Gross Revenue Report.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities:
- Supports the development, mentoring and training of employees.
- Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
- Trains people on account receivable posting techniques.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Demonstrates personal integrity.
- Uses effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise well organized way.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Makes collections calls if necessary.
- Adaptability – Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication – Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability:
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise:
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Auditing and Reconciliation – The ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data, and create flow charts on main accounting and control cycles (A/R, AP, Cash) to facilitate understanding of key control points.
- General Finance and Accounting – The ability to perform bookkeeping procedures, proficiently use financial systems technology, and accurately complete general ledger entries; knowledge of database structures in order to obtain financial queries; establish Cash flow statements and cash flow forecast with a good understanding the financials flows and the working capital needs.
Education and Experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or related major
- 7 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their written Application and Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.