Location: NSIA Umuahia Diagnostic Center, Abia
Department: Operations, EHA Clinics
Division: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Operations Manager
Summary of Job
- The Facility Coordinator performs, plans, directs, coordinates, and controls all facility maintenance to ensure proper safety, sanitation, and mechanical functions for the facility including; grounds and equipment.
- The Facility Coordinator is responsible for the overall facility coordination, managing all building and equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this role successfully, the Facility Coordinator will perform the following responsibilities in relation to all offices, which will include but are not limited to:
- Ensures day to day facility operations run smoothly
- Maintains physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment.
- Conducts routine inspections on all plumbing facilities, electrical equipment, and water supply.
- Acts as liaison between employees and any outside contractors needed to resolve specialized problems.
- Drafts and implements preventive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment.
- Ensures safety standards are followed throughout the facility.
- Participates in the emergency preparedness planning team, if needed.
- Responsible for managing a variety of vendors and services.
- Maintains the inventory of supplies; reorders as needed.
- Sending monthly invoices for all services offered and ensuring all payments are made.
- Manages all stewards available on site
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Sending monthly reports on facility management and performance
Qualifications & Training:
- B.Sc in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical, Engineering or any related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite, with exceptional knowledge of Google Sheet and Google Slides
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Knowledge of project and task management tools such as Asana, Redbooth
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- At least 2 years’ working experience in the field
- Certification in Facility Management and Project Management is preferred.
- S/he will be required to have had related and progressive experience in a healthcare organization.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication
- Working under pressure
- Humane, empathetic and supportive bedside manner
- Leadership and teamwork
- Problem solving and initiative
- Time management and organization
- Attention to detail.
Competitive salary scale based on surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria. The salary is negotiable but performance-based.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon the successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon the successful completion of their probationary period.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on www.eha.ng to apply