- Responsible for the operation of drilling equipment and machinery, including the fluids-circulation system. Directs drilling crew in assuring optimum drilling process.
- The successful applicants will be employed by Ocean Deep Drilling ESV Nigeria Limited (“ODENL”) which is a joint venture partnership company formed by OES Energy Services Limited and Valaris plc.
- The position is only available to citizens of Nigeria due to the organisation’s support and commitment to workforce nationalisation process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the safety and operation of the drill floor equipment according to company procedures and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Conducts pre-tour, pre-task planning, safety orientations, and safety meetings.
- Monitors safety training and safety meetings of crews.
- Controls operation of well control equipment.
- Assists specialized contractors during wireline, casing, and cementing operations.
- Administers preventative maintenance program on all drilling equipment.
- Maintains appropriate logs and records in accordance with company, regulatory, and certification agency requirements.
- Operates drilling equipment and coordinates the operation of machinery and equipment necessary to prepare to drill and to drill.
- Operates the draw works to lift casing, drill collars and drill pipes as required to connect joints of pipe together.
- Operates drilling fluid circulating pumps to discharge the fluid from the pit into the drill string.
- Controls power to the drill pipe tongs used to tighten or break loose pipe connection joints.
- Interprets gauge readings showing the status of weight indicator, rotary revolutions, circulation system flow and others for an optimum drilling process.
- Monitors drilling fluid status and alarms to ensure within specified criteria.
- Conducts pit drills for the crew as required.
- Conducts a flow check on every connection.
- Controls operation of well control equipment.
- Responsible for all equipment which is run into the well bore.
- Monitors assigned jacking station during jacking operations.
- Responsible for pipe and casing tallies.
- Responsible for maintaining check and tracking documents as required including Trip Sheets, Trend Monitoring, and HPHT Finger Printing.
- Responsible for your own personal safety and the safety of co-workers.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Company’s safety culture through personal behaviour and ability to influence others.
- Participates in rig safety meetings and other rig safety programs.
- Conduct and monitor safety training and safety meetings of drilling crews.
- Encourage all personnel to participate in the Company’s STOP program.
- Follows correct lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Responsible for the safety of the drilling crew and the safe operation of the drill floor equipment according to the Company’s safety procedures and policies and the operational procedures of the equipment manufacturers.
- Responsible for training AD in the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible to keep up with training requirements for the position and submit a training request in time to keep all certification current.
- Seven years’ experience as a Driller on a drilling rig (not workover). Experience operating top-drive strongly preferred. Previous offshore experience on jack-ups preferred.
- Education, Training, Licenses and / or Certifications
- Completed a minimum of High School education and successful completion of mandatory technical, safety training and offshore skills certification. These will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
- Current Well Control certificate required.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, excellent team working and organizational skills.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Must be capable of working in a confined Marine environment.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the company’s sole discretion.
- Be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Physically capable of performing emergency procedures including evacuations, fire drills, and other Emergencies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- We thank all applicants for their interest and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview appointments.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- ODENL is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.