Location: Damboa, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the GBV Technical Advisor, he/she will ensure the GBV activities are well-integrated within the health services package delivered to IDPs and host population in MdM’s clinics and in any MdM-supported Ministry of Health PHCC clinics.
- This will include provision of direct supervision to social workers and GBV case-management service provision in MdM clinics.
- He/she will also assist the GBV technical advisor to follow-up the smooth implementation of MdM strategy for the response to GBV in Nigeria in close collaboration with the Health Services Quality Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Health Coordinator, MHPSS Technical Advisor and M&E team lead.
- She / he will perform duties/ responsibilities of the GBV technical advisor during his/her absence/leave as assigned by the GBV technical advisor, or Program Coordinator or the HQ Medical and GBV referents.
- He/she will receive support from GBV technical advisor, Health Services Quality Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Health Coordinator, the HQ Medical and GBV referents as required.
- He/she will participate in a tailored capacity building program that will be defined by the GBV Advisor including coaching/mentoring sessions.
Support the provision of services to GBV survivors in MdM operational sites (MdM clinics, MOH PHCC):
- Based on the Borno state context and in line with MdM overall strategy for the response to GBV, he/she will assist the GBV technical advisor to implement and suggest adjustments to MdM strategy on GBV, in close collaboration with the GBV Desk Officer, Program Coordinator, Health Coordinator, MHPSS technical advisor, Emergency Coordinator and the medical team in general.
- Assist the GBV technical Advisor to promote actively the GBV component within MdM program team to ensure that they perfectly adhere to MdM strategy on GBV in the interest of the survivors.
- Assist the GBV technical Advisor advise the clinic team (medical, counselors, social workers) on ensuring the implementation of the planned activities, including emergency medical care, mental health and psycho-social support, and appropriate referral mechanisms following guidelines and strategy, through the Health Coordinator
- Assist the GBV technical advisor ensure the quality of activities through regular monitoring and technical support of clinic’s team (medical, counselors, and social workers), data collection and management, and provide guidance in case of difficulties.
Direct Supervision of GBV Case-Management, Income Generation and Crisis Line Programs, and Staff:
- Collaborate closely with GBV Technical Advisor to design GBV case-management, Income Generation and Crisis Line Programs in Maiduguri and Damboa.
- Contribute, along with GBV Technical Advisor, to the recruitment process of Social Workers in both Maiduguri and Damboa
- Contribute, along with GBV Technical Advisor, to the recruitment of income Generation/Safe space facilitator and Crisis Line Attendants.
- Design and implement, along with GBV Technical Advisor, training curriculum and modules for social workers, crisis line attendants and safe space facilitator.
- Update, design and implement, along with GBV Technical Advisor and M & E teams, new data collection, survivor classification and data reporting tools for GBV case-management program.
- Ensure social workers adhere to case management steps implementation in their interventions with survivors and use appropriate forms to properly document GBV cases.
- Serve as key liaison between crisis line attendants and clinic staff to ensure sexual violence cases reported on crisis line are provided with CMR within 72hours.
- Provide technical assistance to social workers, crisis line attendants and safe space facilitator; includes logistical support before, during and after clinic working hours, technical guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor GBV service delivery in clinics; including monitoring of service delivery provided by social workers, safe space facilitator and WiNN volunteers in the field.
- Contribute to probation objectives and bi-annual performance evaluations for all social workers, crisis line attendants and safe space facilitators.
- Delegate referred GBV cases and administrative program tasks equally amongst social workers.
- Organize monthly GBV case-management meetings, weekly case debriefings/case consultations and frequent clinical case supervision sessions for social workers, crisis line attendants and safe space facilitators.
- Support GBV Technical Advisor to organize clinical supervision for social workers, safe space facilitators and crisis line attendants.
- Collaborate closely with GBV Technical Advisor to build self-capacity in conducting clinical supervision.
- Collect monthly GBV data from clinic staff, analyse, compile and submit monthly GBV data into respective reporting templates to M&E teams and Nigeria GBV Sub Sector under the supervision of GBV Technical Advisor.
- Collaborate closely with GBV Technical Advisor and Grants Officer to ensure GBV Indicators and activities (as per donor grants) are accurately and comprehensively captured in new Monitool Database.
- Collaborate closely with M&E teams to ensure monthly data reporting is accurately entered in the new MdM Monitool Database.
Organization, coordination and supervision of GBV activities, with the support of GBV Technical Advisor:
- Support and advise social workers in the mapping of all actors responding to GBV and development of a strong network to foster information exchange and synergies.
- Conduct trainings on various aspects of GBV such as survivor centred approach and informed consent to healthcare workers and MdM staff
- Support and advise social workers in the coordination with other actors to ensure safe referral for GBV Survivors.
- Supervise the implementation of GBV activities, in close collaboration with social workers and other health team staff, MHPSS programs and other GBV actors.
- Actively participate in coordination efforts with GBV actors (ex: GBV Sub Sector, MoWASD).
- Ensure the quality of activities through regular monitoring and technical support, data collection and management, and provide guidance in case of difficulties.
- Support community mobilization activities in close collaboration with our partner, GBV actors as well as other stakeholders (ex: community leaders)
- Participate in the development of communication and sensitization tools (posters, leaflets, radio drama).
- Coordinate and chair GBV coordination meetings at field levels.
- Systematically update GBV database and ensure GBV case-management client files are kept according to information management and confidentiality protocols.
Human Resource, Capacity Building / Training:
- Identify the capacity building needs of the health team in general (including medical and mental health, social workers and other psycho-social staff), MdM partner related to GBV and provide tailored trainings.
- Provide technical support to MdM partner for the good implementation of the sensitization / awareness raising component or any relevant topic related to MdM GBV strategy.
- Collaborate with the medical team and particularly the sexual and reproductive health department of MdM to set up trainings and supervision of the activities and the quality of the medical care for victims of GBV.
- Collaborate with the Mental Health and Psycho-social Technical Advisor in order to define, implement and follow-up psycho-social care for GBV survivors.
- Participate, with GBV Technical Advisor, in the definition of GBV advocacy and to carry it on, through Health Cluster meeting, Protection Cluster meeting and any other appropriate spaces.
- Take part, with the MdM team, partners or other actors in advocacy activities.
- Provide support in contextualizing and translating advocacy messages in local language when/if needed.
Reporting, information management, coordination / representation:
- Increase and enhance program monitoring and evaluation, and determining impact, wherever possible, including the use of standard indicators
- Share with the GBV Technical Advisor any difficulties met in the field by social workers and propose solutions or adjustments.
- Participate in internal MdM meetings
- Participate in the GBV sub-sectors meetings and actively contribute to coordination efforts.
- If needed, participate in meetings with the State Ministry of Health or other stakeholders involved in GBV.
- Contribute to MdM monthly reports.
- Line manager: GBV Technical Advisor
- Management under direct supervision: GBV Technical Advisor
- SRH/GBV teams, MHPSS technical Advisors, Health Services Quality Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Program Coordinator, , MdM local partner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Public Health, Gender Studies, or other related fields.
- 3-5 years professional experience in social services sector experience working with international non- government organizations in sectors focusing on gender, women’s empowerment, and protection and/or violence prevention.
- Minimum 1-2 years program management level experience and/or professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in partnerships coordination and management of local sub granted organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building for local organizations.
- Strong understanding of gender, human rights, survivor-centered case-management and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising & mentoring staff, GBV case-management, developing and facilitating trainings and workshops tailored for individuals from a variety of professional and educational backgrounds; understanding of appropriate evaluation approaches, metrics, and tools to determine the effectiveness of the training in meeting target objectives essential.
- Excellent inter-personnel and communication skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, GBV data collection tools and databases, and email.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Hausa and English, other local languages an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter in one single attachment to: [email protected] using “DEPUTY GBVTA Damboa” as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications without the correct subject line stated above will not be treated