|Job Field||ICT / Computer|
|Location||Benue State Nasarawa State Plateau State Zamfara State|
Job ID: 13-11087
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The objective of the Data Quality Assurance (DQA) Officer position is to support data quality management, including data collection, quality checks, and reporting at the state, LGA and community levels as applicable.
- Support the State M&E / HSS Officer in the implementation of M&E activities, including data collection, data quality checks, and reporting.
- Provide support and build capacity of LGA and health facility M&E officers in data quality management
- Participate and provide technical support in monthly LGA data validation meetings.
- Conduct routine data quality assessments at health facilities in conjunction with LGA M&E officers
- Support conduct of quarterly DQA exercise in primary and secondary health facilities across the state.
- Review health facility data monthly to identify and address data quality issues prior to reporting.
- Document data quality issues and share with the SMEP M&E officer, LGA M&E officers and health facilities for necessary corrections.
- Develop follow up action plans and ensure that all identified data quality issues are resolved by the LGA M&E officers and HFs at the end of each reporting month
- Where relevant, work with State iCCM Data Officer to ensure iCCM data are collated, analyzed, presented at review meetings, and used for iCCM programming.
- Represent the program in technical fora, such as the SMEP M&E Sub-committee meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or closely related discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. A post-graduate degree in a related Medical Statistics and Epidemiology discipline is an added advantage.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of malaria M&E systems in Nigeria and/or comparable country contexts.
- Familiarity with data validation tools.
- Excellent knowledge of use of DHIS2.
- Excellent computer skills, including in Excel and in at least one statistical software package, preferably Stata, alternatively SPSS or R; knowledge of other data software an advantage, such as mapping software.
- Demonstrated experience in managing malaria program data, with a record of achieving program objectives.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of health systems’ dynamics and challenges in data management in relation to Nigeria’s response to malaria.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, flexible and open to extra working hours, if necessary.
- Very good negotiation and communication skills and ability to express views and ideas.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health – MSH on msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply