Consultancy Code: CRS/CG/THT001
The Caritas Germany project in the spirit of solidarity and through long-term accompaniment, capacity-building, and institutional strengthening, this project is supporting the overall goal that assist conflict-affected populations in Nigeria and Chad improve quality of life. The project has two strategic objectives: crisis affected household meets the priority needs of their households (SO1) and CBOs/FBOs have improved capacity to implement quality, and timely cash transfer programming meeting the needs of crisis affected population (SO2), which is implemented by CCFN and CRS respectively. CRS is responsible for implementing SO2 While Caritas Nigeria is responsible for SO1. In implementing SO2, CRS adopts a capacity strengthening approach,
which focuses on technical assistance and accompaniment for Caritas Nigeria. The 3-year project is providing technical capacity building, institutional strengthening and accompaniment to Caritas Nigeria to strengthen their emergency cash transfer programming capacity to more effectively provide life-savings humanitarian assistance during and after the project.
Conduct trauma healing training for staffs and field officers of Caritas Nigeria and JDPC in Maiduguri, Mubi and Biu centers with about 15-20 participant per center for 5days each.
Conduct pre and post evaluation
Submit training and evaluation reports for each center
Deliverables and Timeframe:
- Conduct Trauma Healing Training for Biu Centre 5 th -9 th October 2020
- Conduct Pre- and Post-evaluation for Biu 5 th -9 th October 2020
- Submit training report for Biu 10 th October 2020
- Conduct Trauma Healing Training for Maiduguri Centre 12 th -16 th October 2020
- Conduct Pre- and Post-evaluation for Maiduguri 12 th -16 th October 2020
- Submit training report for Maiduguri 18 th October 2020
- Conduct Trauma Healing Training for Mubi Centre 19 th – 23 rd October 2020
- Conduct Pre- and Post-evaluation for Mubi 19 th – 23 rd October 2020
- Submit training and evaluation report for Mubi 25 th October 2020
The Consultant will work closely and report to:
Program Manager, Caritas Germany
Qualifications and Experience
A Master’s degree in Psychology or related discipline. License Professional preferred.
- At least 7 of clinical practice experience in either a hospital, community mental health setting, private practice, or educational setting, providing group and/or individual therapy.
- Previous experience in managing people/teams.
- Experience in training/coaching and support to field staff in the implementation of MHPSS activities
- PhD in Psychology will be an added advantage
Ability to speak local language (Hausa) will also be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Application Interested consultants should send their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed resume as one document in PDF format indicating consultancy being applied for and
the Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Consultancy for the trauma healing training– CRS/CG/THT001) attached PDF documents to [email protected]. The EOI should include but
not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal/company profile, budget, training curriculum, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for
immediate short-term consultancy plus a copy of such previous work. Applications should reach us by COB of 18 th September 2020 Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only qualified persons will be contacted and invited for screening.
Equal Employer Opportunity: “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and
human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to
evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection: ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’