Job ref.: R290
Main Purpose of Job
- The Consultant will play the Project director’s role in lead and manages the Global Fund RSSH (Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health) grant.
- S/he is accountable for project deliverables and results and has full accountability and authority for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including:
- Vision and technical strategy;
- Project management;
- Documentation and communication;
- Client and stakeholder relationships; and
- Coordination and synergy with other Global Fund and USAID projects, collaboration with the MSH Country Representative and the Nigeria Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), during the remaining three months of the project implement.
- Meeting client expectations – achievement of contract/agreement goals (meeting or exceeding expected project targets and deliverables on time and within budget) as per contract/agreement and client(s) approved Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Project Management – effective project management systems within MSH policies, guidelines and Standard Operation Procedures while ensuring local ownership, appropriateness and responsiveness.
- Relationships – effective dialogue and relationships with project client(s), beneficiaries, partner(s), coworkers and other local and international stakeholders.
- Safeguarding MSH – safeguarding MSH’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, technical, and political integrity is maintained and strengthened.
Vision and Technical Strategy:
- Develop (adapt as needed) and execute project’s Technical Strategy, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan and annual project work plans as per contract/agreement requirements, approved budget and received obligations, MSH technical frameworks and standards, and Result Management Systems (RMS) guidelines.
- Implement a Financial Pipeline Tracking System for effective budget monitoring and cost control based on sound financial and accounting principles, MSH Standard Operating Procedures, and MSH and donor reporting requirements.
- Develop and adapt (as needed) project financial plan in line with contract/agreement budget and received obligations, technical strategy, work plan, and reporting requirements.
- Ensure contract/agreement implementation in compliance with contract/ agreement clause, MSH and donor policies, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources.
- Manage human resources as per MSH values, policies and guidelines, and implement an effective performance-management program focusing on results and individual accountability, including regular check-ins, annual appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support.
- With support of Project Support Officer, develop technical assistance plan and budget.
- Coordination and collaboration among Federal and State governments, disease programs, and multilateral and bilateral agencies to avoid duplication of efforts and to efficiently achieve results on strengthening laboratory systems, procurement and supply chain and HMIS.
Documentation and Communication:
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of key results and deliverables for maximum project impact and business development using a variety of communication strategies and media.
- Promote and facilitate staff participation in MSH’s Technical Exchange Networks (TEN) and South-to-South exchanges.
- Ensure quarterly submission of project documentation to MSH’s central Institutional Memory System (IMS)
Client(s) and other Stakeholder(s) Relationships:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
- Contribute to building MSH’s reputation, developing local and international networks to disseminate project results, attract talent and generate business.
One MSH Contribution:
- Collaborate with MSH Country Representative and participate as required in activities organized in the context of MSH representation in country.
- Ensure effective collaboration, coordination and internal partnerships with other Projects, Centers and Offices to build synergies across programs for maximum impact.
- MPH, MBA or Master’s level degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Ten plus (10+) years of progressively responsible, related experience is required. (Donor requirements in an RFP/RFA may be more or fewer years).
- Experience managing Global Fund funded projects, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and/or malaria programs. Health system strengthening programs on supply chain, monitoring and evaluation, health management information system, laboratory services and Federal- and State-level programs is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise in technical content relevant to the project. Demonstrated leadership and management abilities. Prior experience and success directing similar or larger international donor-funded projects.
- Proven capability to collaborate and efficiently work with multiple organizations and in complex environment to achieve results on strengthening laboratory systems, procurement and supply chain and HMIS.
- A proven approach to capacity building, professional networking and working in partnership with other implementers and host country government.
- Ability to identify and contribute to the implementation of service delivery models/models of care to improve HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria management delivered at health facilities and community levels
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Excellent staff management skills and ability to lead across full spectrum of responsibilities including technical management, monitoring & evaluation and budgeting and finance.
- Excellent donor management skills. Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and visioning skills Familiarity with Global Fund regulations and administrative procedures In-depth knowledge/experience of Global Fund reporting requirements.
- Proven successful experience in actively supporting national HSS intervention(s)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health – MSH on msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply