The Economic Community of West African States, also known as ECOWAS, was Established on May 28, 1975, via the treaty of Lagos, ECOWAS has 15-member regional group with a mandate of promoting economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries. There Headquarter is currently located at Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
They are currently recruiting candidates for the position shown below.
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in the framework of the execution of its 2019 Budget, intends to apply a portion of the budgeted funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant for the formulation of a Fleet Management Policy for ECOWAS Community institutions.
- The main objective is to develop a comprehensive fleet management policy to ensure effective, efficient management and deployment of the Community’s fleet of vehicles.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the deliverables listed below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of four (4) months.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Consultant is expected to produce the general Fleet Management Policy with a focus on the following:
- Establish standards that govern the use of official vehicles, especially in international organizations;
- Specify the authority relationships and the institutional framework within which the fleet of vehicles is managed and operated. It must be established who is responsible for designing and implementing the policies;
- Establish the elements/factors that will inform the fleet size for each institution/agency;
- Specify the responsibilities of operators and users of the vehicles;
- Establish safety/security rules that govern the use of the vehicles to the benefit of drivers and passengers;
- Establish an information system to control fleet management cost;
- Establish how often the policies must be reviewed and updated;
- Establish the maximum operational cost limits for vehicles;
- Establish what vehicle types and equipment to acquire;
- Establish the most effective and efficient insurance cover for vehicles;
- Establish the criteria for choosing the best fleet management software;
- Establish the criteria and guidelines for any outsourcing activities the fleet may need, and how often these guidelines need to be reviewed;
- Develop a Fleet Management Manual for operationalizing the policy;
- Design and establish a replacement cycle for some vehicle parts, such as tires;
- Design and establish audits for reducing and preventing traffic accidents, and in what period of time to do it;
- Design and establish a fuel card management system;
- Establish when to dispose of/replace a vehicle from service: age, mileage or whichever comes first;
- Establish a deadline to sell the vehicles once boarded from service.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Logistics and Fleet Management or Supply Chain Management, or any related field.
- Shall justify of at least ten (10) years of working experIence in elaborating Manual of procedures, policy in the field of Logistics & Fleet Management/Process Engineering;
- The candidate shall justify having executed at list two (2) similar assignments (large nationals or international projects) organized and successfully executed with International Organization or Public Body or Private renowned Entities;
- The candidate shall justify a proven working experience as project manager or coordinator or similar roles covering this area of specialization;
- Strong IT/Computer Skills (Microsoft Office suite) and knowledge of relevant software related to Logistics & Fleet Management etc.
- The individual Consultants shall be fluent in English or French Languages (reading, writing, speaking) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of the other of the ECOWAS Official language (English or French) would be an advantage.
- The attention of interested Individual Consultants is partIcularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders, and Awardees”, providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of Interest (1 Original and 3 Copies) which must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant for the Formulation of a Fleet Management Policy for ECOWAS Community Institutions”, (Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee) to:
Directorate of General Administration,
First (1st) Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P.M.B. 401, Abuja,
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines
- The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1.
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.