|Job Field||NGO / Non-profit|
Location: (Maiduguri base) North East Nigeria
Starting date: September, 2020 (TBC)
Duration of contract: 6 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: CCCM Team Lead/Protection Officer
Slot: 20 Openings
General Context of the Job/Project
- This position falls under the direct management of SALIENT’s CCCM Team Lead and CCCM Protection Officer
- SALIENT’s CCCM Monitor will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. Under the Direct line Supervision of the CCCM Team Lead and Protection Officer, the CCCM Monitor is responsible for the collecting of quantitative, Qualitative and Spatial Data using Kobo and other tools.
- He/She will facilitate focus groups discussions and key informant interviews and conduct HH, Individuals, and Community level questionnaires in order to feed the CCCM department Database at every stage of the Project.
- Any other tasks needed to support CCCM team members, to inform CCCM activities and to ensure the success of the SALIENT CCCM objectives.
- Reporting to supervision made by the database assistant, by participating in monitoring/ assessment/ tracking/ reporting tools design but also to the global IM and sharing processes implemented by SALIENT.
- Responsible for conducting interviews and collecting data from respondents at the household, individual and community level using Kobo collect and/or other apps on smartphones.
- Responsible for ensuring that respondents are accurately targeted in accordance with direction given by supervisors, and that data meets minimum sector quality standards.
- Responsible for identifying and organizing respondents for focus group discussion, facilitating or co-facilitating the discussion and recording results.
- The Monitor will be responsible for feeding campsite mapping and to provide updated information on services, facilities and population through a combination of GPS location and physical verifications.
- Responsible for registration of new arrivals, liaise and meet with Assessment Agencies and partners for data sharing purpose/harmonization of processes
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of university Degree in Database, Humanities, Social Studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum one year of experience in NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proven professional experience working with NGO at a relevant position e.g enumerator, monitor, field and community worker.
- Experience working for NGOs and/ or in Camp setting is a must.
- Experience using Kobo, or other mobile data collection technology
- Experience Working in Northeast Nigeria is a Must
- Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Written and spoken fluency in English, Hausa or Kanuri a must; additional fluency in other local languages preferred
- Ability and Willingness to follow instructions.
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before the deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via Email to: [email protected] indicating the “Job Position” as subject of the e-mail.
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Please clearly indicate the Job position on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about SHO, please consult: www.salientho.org