Summary of Role
Working closely with the CMO, this position will lead the development of key growth strategies, tactics and action plans for business development within Nigeria and drive product penetration into other African markets. Leading the sales & marketing team, this is a tactical hands-on position who will build relationships within the national and international Markets, creating business growth and general market awareness.
As a strategic function for the business, the person will oversee all sales, partner/client acquisition, account management, online/offline marketing and digital business operations; hire, train and supervise the activities of the sales team (if any); set sales goals and analyze data. The key objective of this person is to increase topline revenue by growing incremental and new sales for the business while reducing customer turnover.
- Set the sales and marketing cycle: from marketing to sales to account management
- Successfully build and execute these strategies to achieve financial targets
- Participate with the team to meet annual targets, build long-lasting customer relationships and understand customer trends
- Be a pillar in opening and closing new business opportunities
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations and develop an overall marketing and communication plan to build new relationships
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends and execute sales relationships to meet market curves
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Review, manage and coach account managers and business development sales rep’s performance development, objectives and best practice execution;
- Participate, as required, in the process to secure projects;
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Develop short term and long-term strategic goals and objectives for the brand and products;
- Work cohesively with the product and engineering team to ensure best features and functional development of the product is realized including release upsell and communication to new and current client base;
- Efficiently manage the sales & marketing budget and participate in the creation of the company budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Responsible for executive reporting and create all sales reporting, financial data and performance metrics;
- Constantly protect and invigorate the brand while maintaining the current level of excellence in customer satisfaction scores;
- Create strategic alliances within in the industry and be present on latest trends.
- Minimum of 6 years in hands-on active leadership in business development, specifically in sales of digital and marketing communication suites, software and solutions to large enterprises across multiple industries and RFP management; Digital/Creative/Marketing/Advertising Agency experience is desired.
- Successfully built and maintained a robust and high-level relationship with CMOs, marketing directors/ senior brand managers, top management and C-level executives of top organisations, industries and enterprises across multiple sectors (banking, FMCG, Food & Beverage, telecommunications, Insurance, Health, government, etc.)
- Proven track record of leading and managing successful sales teams – including coaching a team with diverse levels of experience;
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Entrepreneurial team player who can execute results while multi-tasking priorities;
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical business development representative as well as a proven strategic, out of the box thinker that can drive results in a challenging market
- Goal oriented and proven ability to drive success in others;
- Understands financial data and is able to consistently produce effective and accurate reporting to the executive team;
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel (as required).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Buffer Media on to apply