This article entails extensive details about the France Visa Application Guide in Nigeria. It explains the process and steps required to successfully obtain a France Visa in Nigeria. If you meet all these requirements, follow the steps provided below, and submit the needed documents, the possibilities of securing the visa is very high.
Sit tight and read through carefully to find out more about the things you need to apply for France visitor visa in Nigeria.
France Visa Application Guide in Nigeria 2022
What is a France Visitor Visa?
As a Nigerian or non-Nigerian national who doesn’t have European citizenship or citizenship of any of the countries that enjoy visa waiver, you must apply for France visitor visa to visit for short-stay. It is also known as France Schengen visit visa or France Schengen visa type C.
France Visitor Visa (also called Short Term Visa) is the authorization needed to travel to France on a short-term basis.
When you obtain this visa, you can visit France under three months. As you may know, this is the usual sticker visa that gets stamped on the passport upon approval.
It shows that you may be granted entry into the country of Napoleon where the finest of wines are made (alias France).
While the France visitor visa lets you visit for family and friends, it also allows you to visit France for business and pleasure (tourism).
When applying for a France visitor visa in Nigeria, you need an inviting host in France.
There are other types of France Visas. They are otherwise known as the Long Term Visas or France Schengen visa type D.
• Student/Training Period/Education Visa,
• Family Stay/Private Stay Visa,
• Re-Entry Visa, Marriage Visa,
• Employment Visa and others.
These visas are for long-term visits
What are the Types of France Visitor Visas?
As mentioned earlier, you can only apply for France visitor visas for specific purposes. When you need to apply for a visa for tourism, product inspection, and short-term study, you can apply for a France visitor visa.
The following are the types of France visitor visas:
- Business Visitor Visa
You can apply for France Business visitor visa to attend a business meeting, inspect products before shipping them or attend a conference. Part of the requirements states that you must get an invitation letter from a conference organizer or a company in France. This gives credibility to your reason of travel and request for a visa.
2. Tourist Visitor Visa
The tourist visa helps you visit France to enjoy your holiday or work leave. It is purely for tourism and the application process does not require an invitation letter.
Moreso, you must present a hotel reservation to show you a plan for accommodation in France. And you may submit a tour voucher for visa application purposes.
But, payment for tour guides does not guarantee visa approval and is not mandatory for visa application.
- Airport Transit Visa
You may need an airport transit visa when you travel by Air France and you experience a long layover in Paris. This is mostly true if you do not carry a US, UK, Canada, or Schengen
What are the Requirements for France Visitor Visa in Nigeria
There are specific requirements or supporting documents you need when applying for a France visitor visa in Nigeria. Below are the documents:
- International Passport: An international passport with the minimum of three consecutive blank pages and at least six months validity
- Passport Photograph: 35mmx45mm passport photo on white background. Two copies of these are required.
- Visa Application Form: It is important to submit the visa application form. This is an online form and you should fill out and print.
- Receipt of Application Submission/Checklist: After the successful completion of online visa application form, you must download the form as well as the generated receipt/checklist. This document carries your visa fee (60 Euros) and the document checklist.
- Invitation Letter: This is very necessary for a business visa. The host, conference organizer or company in France must provide you with the invitation letter.
- Schengen Insurance Certificate: The insurance certificate should show that the policy can provide for mishaps or emergencies at 30,000 Euros. The insurance policy is not costly and must be from an approved insurance company.
- Hotel Reservation: Hotel reservation is vital when you do not have a host who would accommodate you. Even if your visit is for business, you still have to present the hotel reservation document.
- Flight Reservation: Your flight reservation should show your entry and exit dates from France. The airline, PNR and arrival city should show on this document also. Kindly note that on no account should you purchase a real ticket when applying for France visitor visa in Nigeria.
- Introduction Letter from Employer: Your employer should write that you work with the company and have the permission to visit during the stated travel period.
- Marriage Certificate: You must also submit proof of social ties to Nigeria, part of which is the marriage certificate (Optional)
- Birth Certificate : The birth certificate of your child also adds to your ties to Nigeria. It is necessary for visa approval. (If required)
- Statement of Purpose: You would not attend an interview when applying for France visitor visa in Nigeria. This is why you need to submit a cover letter to explain in details about your travel plans and status in Nigeria.
- Bank Statement: The France embassy demands three months bank statement to see if you can finance your travel and have reasons to return to Nigeria.
- Other Documents: Other documents include; property documents, investment certificates, certificate of incorporation (if you own your company), proof of retirement (if retired), and any important documents you think you can add.
Application Guide for France Visitor Visas in Nigeria
Before starting the process of applying for a France visitor visa in Nigeria, you must get an updated or latest version of a web browser to access and fill the online form.
Gather all the supporting documents mentioned above. Reserve your hotel and get details of your host; you need this information when filling the online application form. Then gather other supporting documents
Fill Online Form
Create an online account and fill the application form. Then print out and download the filled application and document checklist.
France Embassy Uses a third party company for the collection of visa application documents. VFS Global Limited operates the Visa Application Centre. So visit VFS to submit your application.
Collect Your Passport
VFS would send a notification the moment your passport is ready for pickup. You can also monitor your application from the moment you submit your application.
Wish you all the best in your application, Please share to others as well via their available social media platforms!