Good news! Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowships are currently open. Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship is offered for postdoctoral research studies. Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship covers Stipend, 75 percent of health insurance premiums for fellows, Round trip travel.
The objective of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is to unite the world of thoughts with the world of policy by upholding a pre-eminent scholarship and connecting that scholarship to issues of interest to authorities in Washington.
As the condition around COVID-19 brews, the Woodrow Wilson Center will remain to process fellowship applications. As deadlines approach, we will assess whether extensions are appropriate. Please watch their Official Website for updates.
The Center offers 9-month housing fellowships via an global contest. The Wilson Center summons academics, professionals, reporters and government intellectuals to partake in its flagship global fellowship program. Fellows undertake research and write in their fields of concern while interacting with policy makers in Washington, D.C. and Wilson Center employees and other academics in residence. The Center takes policy-germane, non-advocacy proposals for fellowships that address important matters facing the United States and the world.
Deadline: October 1, 2020
Institution(s): Wilson Center
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Study in: USA
The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars has a goal to unite the world of ideas to the world of policy by backing pre-eminent scholarship and networking that scholarship to matters of concern to officials in Washington. Congress created the Center in 1968 as the official, national memorial to President Wilson. It is a living memorial whose work and scholarship honors “the ideals and concerns of Woodrow Wilson.” As both a distinguished scholar and national leader, President Wilson felt deeply that the scholar and the policymaker were “engaged in a common enterprise.” Today the Center takes seriously his views on the need to close the gap between the world of ideas and public policy, bringing them into creative contact, enriching the work of both, and empowering each to learn from the other. This ongoing dialogue between public policy and scholarship makes the Center unique.
All Specializations are offered.
Benefits of Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship
Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- 75 percent of health insurance premiums for fellows.
- Round trip travel.
Eligibility Criteria for Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship
To be eligible for Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship, you must be/ have:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Men and women with exceptional competences and experience from a broad variety of backgrounds (including academia, business, government, journalism, law, and other professions).
- Citizens or permanent residents from any nation (candidates from nations outside the United States must have a valid passport and be capable to obtain a J-1 visa even if they are presently in the United States).
- Academic applicants possessing a Ph.D. or J.D. (degree must be received by the application deadline of October 1).
- Academic applicants showing scholarly accomplishment by publications beyond their doctoral dissertations.
- Practitioners, policy makers or politicians with an equivalent level of professional accomplishment.
- Proficiency in English as the Center is designed to boost the exchange of ideas among its fellows.
How to Apply for Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship
The Wilson Center summons scholars, practitioners, journalists and public intellectuals partake in its flagship international Fellowship Program and to take advantage of the opportunity to engage actively in the Center’s national mission. The Center grants about 15-20 residential fellowships every year. Fellows will be connected with one or more of the Wilson Center programs/projects and are heartened to relate with policy makers in Washington, D.C., with Wilson Center staff, and other intellectuals who are at work on related research and topics. To avail Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship, Apply from here.
To inquire further about Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship, please visit Official Website.