Good news! Monash University Scholarship is currently open. Monash University Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Monash University Scholarshipis offered for doctoral research studies. The scholarship covers annual living allowance: $35,600, relocation allowance: $550 and research allowance per annum: $1,500.
The Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship (MSJS) is available to help support a student with living costs whilst studying at Monash. It is awarded each year to different faculties by rotation. This prestigious scholarship is available to help support a student undertaking a PhD with living costs whilst studying at Monash. Monash scholarships reward brilliance and assist you to achieve your goals, regardless of your circumstances. We’re seeking the curious, the optimistic, students who want to make a difference in the world.
Monash University is a public research academia based in Melbourne, Australia. Named after prominent World War I general, Sir John Monash, it was established in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. The university has several campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia. The institution also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Monash University courses are also provided at other places, including South Africa.
Deadline: October 31, 2020 (annual)
Institution(s): Monash University
Level of Study: PhD
Study in: Australia
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Sustainable Development
It is different according to your course.
Benefits of Monash University Scholarship
Monash University Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Annual living allowance: $35,600.
- Relocation allowance: $550.
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500.
Eligibility for Monash University Scholarship
To be eligible for Monash University Scholarship, candidates must fulfill following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
- English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 TOEFL.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- A bachelor’s degree requiring minimum of four years of full-time study in a germane area of study, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honors 1 or 2A in a germane area of study;
- A course directed to a level valued by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honors 1 or 2A in a germane field;
- A MSc that involves work, normally including a significant research component, with at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, as well as a thesis. It is usually expected that a grade of honors 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners’ reports will be taken into account;
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Grants are granted based on an candidate’s academic record, research output and previous research experience.
- Have not formerly had an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
How to Apply for Monash University Scholarship
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Monash University Scholarship:
- You need to receive an invitation to apply, before you apply. To receive one, you’ll need to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Click (Apply Now) to registerfor Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship.
- All sections of online application are explained here.
- Indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
You won’t need to state which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where eligible).
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate or testament from awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Evidence of fulfilling the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
To apply and know more about Monash University Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.