Start your study adventure in Canada. Waterloo University Scholarships for International Students are currently open. Waterloo University Scholarship for International Students is a partially funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered by University of Waterloo, Canada. Foreign scholars from all over the world are qualified to apply. Only Master’s Programs are available under this scholarship. University of Waterloo scholarships are full tuition scholarships and range from US$16,000 to US$30,000 per year.
Faculties will put forward qualified students based on the Faculty’s award allocation. Students will be nominated based on academic distinction as proven through their application for admission to the graduate program.
For twenty-seven years consecutively, the University of Waterloo has ranked first in Canada as most innovative university. The University of Waterloo has 41,000full and part-timestudentscumulatively between undergraduate and graduate programs. 6,438 undergraduatedegrees, 1,926 master’s degrees and 327 PhD degrees were granted in 2019. The university has 48,000+ enrolmentsper year in online undergraduate & graduate courses, 1000-acre maincampus, and 100+ buildings with six faculties. In 1957, University of Waterloo openswith74students, with engineering and co-operative education as cornerstones.
Steadily rated Canada’s most innovative university, Waterloo champions a values of curiosity, exploration, entrepreneurship, risk-taking, global stewardship and leadership. They bring bold ideas and brilliant minds together – inspiring innovations with global impact today and in the future.
Deadline: Varies. January to February 2021
Institution(s): University of Waterloo
Level of Study: Masters
Study in: Canada
- Research-based Master’s degree in any subject offered by University of Waterloo.
- Five Terms
Benefits of Waterloo University Scholarships for International Students
Waterloo University Scholarships for International Students are full tuition scholarships and range from US$16,000 to US$30,000 per year.
Eligibility for Waterloo University Scholarships for International Students
To qualify for Waterloo University Scholarships for International Students, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- RequiredLanguage: English.
- EligibleCountries: All world countries
- Foreign students with a legal Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international education fees.
- Usually offered to scholars in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will usually only be offered to scholars entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must show academic brilliance through criteria recognized by the Faculty.
- Students must fulfill the academic progress necessities of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This grant could be a plus to other internal or external scholarships grants (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorship – see next bullet.
- Usually, applicants ought not to be simultaneously receiving international government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc.) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Scholars grand-parented under the standing IMSA program cannot be chosen for an IMAE; though, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously finished master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Applicants will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will outline their own internal procedure by which they pick recipients based on the eligibility standards and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
How to Apply for Waterloo University Scholarships for International Students
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission; hence no separate scholarship application is required.
- Departments and/or Faculties will select the students and nominate for the scholarship.
- See the official website (link found below) for the application deadlines specific to each Master’s degree program.
The finest scholars are attracted to the University of Waterloo for their well-known academic programs, world-leading co-operative education, and teaching and research excellence. They embrace the opportunity to collaborate with, and be elevated by, a world-class peer group.
To know more about Waterloo University Scholarships for International Students, please visit Official Website