The Marshall Scholarships is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered by Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission, UK. Students from America are eligible to apply. This scholarship is available for undergraduate studies. About £38,000 a year is offered to American students entering first year in the Fall Term in any undergraduate degree program.
The Marshall Scholarships funds young Americans of great ability to study for a graduate degree in the United Kingdom. Up to 50 young Americans are selected each year to study a graduate degree at a UK university, in any field of study.
Marshall Scholars reinforce the enduring relationship between the British and American peoples, their governments and their institutions. Marshall Scholars are brilliant, independent and wide-ranging, and their time as Scholars boosts their intellectual and personal development. Their straight engagement with Britain through its best academic program adds to their ultimate personal achievement.
Deadline: September 25, 2020
Institution(s): Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Study in: UK
All programs except below list:
- Second BA/BSc (undergraduate) Degrees
- MBA (any university)
- MSc/MFE Financial Economics (any university)
- MSc Law and Finance (University of Oxford)
- MSc Global Health Science and Epidemiology (University of Oxford)
- MPhil Development Studies (University of Oxford)
- MPP (Public Policy) (University of Oxford)
- Degrees leading to professional qualifications in medicine, dentistry, veterinary science and law (these degrees typically take 5 years to complete)
- Degrees that need prolonged periods away from the University or the UK, including joint degrees with Universities not in the UK
- PGDip/Certificates in any subject
- MSc International Health and Tropical Medicine (University of Oxford)
- Distance Learning Degrees
- Supervised academic research not leading to a degree qualification
- One year Marshall Scholarship applicants must be registered for degrees that are 12 months in length. Courses that go for 10 months or less, i.e. where the course finishes before August will not be funded on the one year Scholarship. Please see the university websites judiciously for the length of the degree in months. There are no exclusions to this regulation.
- According to the selected Bachelor program.
Benefits of The Marshall Scholarships
The Marshall Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
The whole worth of a Marshall Scholarship differs according to the state of affairs (place of residence, chosen university, etc.) of each Scholar but the figure tends on average to be about £38,000 a year. This comprises:
- a personal allowance to cover residence and cost of living expenses at the rate of £1,110 per month
£1,362 for Scholars at Central London institutions);
- payment of tuition fees;
- fares to and from the United States;
- Claimable allowances totaling approximately £3,300:
- a grant for books;
- a grant for permitted travel in connection with studies;
- payment of essential everyday expenditures for travel between place of residence and place of study, provided the distance between the two is rational;
- a grant for the finances of preparation of any thesis submitted for examination, if necessary;
- shipping of possessions to and from the United States
Eligibility for The Marshall Scholarships
To qualify for The Marshall Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- RequiredLanguage: English.
- EligibleCountries: America
- The candidate be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship);
- The candidate (by the time they take up their scholarship i.e. September 2021) has their first undergraduate degree from a recognized four-year college or university in the United States;
- The candidate have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree at the time of application (if the last grades the candidate received were Fall 2019 this GPA will be used).
- The candidate has graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2018.
- The candidate has not studied for, or holds a degree or degree equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A level qualifications undertaken in the UK.
- Applicants are only permitted to apply for either the one year or the two-year Marshall Scholarship. Any candidate found applying for both will automatically be disqualified.
How to Apply for The Marshall Scholarships
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for The Marshall Scholarships:
- To apply, you must create an account.
- Full instructions on filling in the application form are available once you start the process of applying on-line.
To know more about The Marshall Scholarships, please visit Official Website