Swiss Government Excellence Scholarshipsinvites applications from international students who want to pursue PhD degree at University of Technology Sydney Australia for academic year 2020-2021. The scholarship takes care of a monthly cost, exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, flight fare, and accommodation allowance.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships is funded by the Federal Commission of Scholarships (FCS) in conjunction with the Swiss government. Swiss Government Scholarship gives scholarships to more than 180 nations. Participants with any nationality are eligible. Highly competent postgraduate researchers from all academic fields as well as young medical doctors can apply for this scholarship.
Institution(s): Swiss Government / Swiss Universities
Level of Study: PhD / Postdoctoral
Study in: Switzerland
The Research Scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any ground (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or more studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level, research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology.
- Doctoral or Postdoctoral Studies or Research in any discipline
Benefits of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship quantities to a monthlypayment of CHF 1,920.
- For non-EU and non-EFTA grantees only: the FCS pays obligatory Swiss health insurance.
- There are no family allowances.
- Scholarship recipients from non-EU and non-EFTA nations get a flight payment (lump sum) for a ticket back to their country of origin (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special CHF 300 accommodation stipend (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship).
- One-year half-fare public transportation card.
- Support services and various journeys, dinners and tourism tours organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
- Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for precise scholarship benefits.
Eligibility for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
To qualify for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- RequiredLanguage: English.
- EligibleCountries: All world countries.
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree achieved before 31 July 2021 (degree certificate) recognized by the Swiss university. As evidence, the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for Scholarships prior to the start of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1985.
- Candidates who have been in Switzerland since more than one year at the commencement of the scholarship in September are not qualified.
- Applicants must provide a letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the selected Swiss university authorizing why she/he is willing to supervise and support the research. Without such support, the application will be disallowed.
- Candidates must have a research proposal as well as a time frame. This is the centerpiece of the application. The candidate must dedicate all required attention to it.
- Candidates must be in command of the essential language skills essential for the research/studies.
- Candidates who have already profited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not qualified to apply for a second scholarship.
- Scholarship beneficiaries are expected to relocate to Switzerland at the time of their grant period.
Note: Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for specific eligibility criteria.
How to Apply for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
Please go by the following application directives to Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships:
- Signed and affirmed FCS application form (typed and printed) with
- A complete CV with list of academic publications, awards,
- A well written motivation letter (max. 2 pages).
- A comprehensive research proposal (max. five pages, signed), using exclusively the FCS research proposal
- A copy of the letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university endorsing why she/he is willing to supervise and back the research.
- A short CV of the academic mentor at the home institution.
- Two personal letters of recommendation from two different professors in the candidate’s field (use exclusively the FCS reference form – originals in closed envelopes only for the 1st set). No copies for 2nd set.
- Copies of certificates and grade sheets from before attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades, starting with the most latest. If not in English, French, Italian or German with attested certified translations in English. Do not submit the original certificates.
- Signed medical documentation (use only the FCS health certificate form).
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data). Dual nationals add copies of both passports. Candidates already in Switzerland at the time of the application process add a copy of the residence permit for Switzerland.
- The application file can be obtained Swiss representation of your home country.
- Please submit 2 sets (=1 original + 1 copy) of application documents in precise directive given below: The 1st set contains the original, signed documents plus the confidential letters of recommendation and, if appropriate the attested translations in English. The other set is the copy of the 1st set excluding for the confidential letters of recommendation (only 1st set). No copies for 2nd set.
- Please do not place the documents into plastic folders or files.
To know more about Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships, please visit Official Website