The University of Sydney is now accepting applications from outstanding students into its Spencer-Bennett NeuroMusic International PhD Scholarship Awards for the academic session 2022-2023.
The funding scheme aims to motivates both domestic and international students who want to undertake PhD degree program at the School of Psychology. This project aims to develop a music-based intervention to slow the progression of neurodegenerative disease.
Description of University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is an Australian research university that offers over 20 undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degrees. Its research focuses on finding solutions to society’s most pressing problems, and it covers a wide range of subjects.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is one of the world’s top 50 universities, and it is recognized as a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability.
Brief Details of the University of Sydney Spencer-Bennett NeuroMusic International PhD Scholarship Awards 2022-2023
- Institution: University of Sydney
- Department: School of Psychology
- Degree Level: PhD degree
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Stated
- To be taken at: Australia
Application Deadline: March 17, 2022
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Psychology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a domestic or international student
- Have an unconditional offer of admission or be enrolled in a full-time PhD at the Faculty of Science
- Be willing to research the neurobiological markers and clinical features that may underpin potential benefits of a music training intervention for older people with mild cognitive impairment
- Hold an honours degree (first-class or second class upper) or a master’s degree in a related field with a substantial research component
- Applicants must check the admission criteria for their chosen course.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements page.
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship program will provide an award amount of $35,950 p.a. (up to 3 years) to the successful candidates. The Scholarship will provide a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to 3 years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarship, the students need to log in to the student portal of the university to complete the application process. Students can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit academic transcripts, curriculum vitae (CV), referee report from their academic supervisor, and a personal statement that describes how the Scholarship will assist them in their studies.