Intending to support the education of motivated students, Shaw Foundation is now offering International Students Scholarships at Duke-NUS Medical School. The educational grant is accessible for the academic year 2022-2023.
The educational award seeks to support high-performing students who want to apply for the Doctor of Medicine (MD) programme at the Duke NUS Medical School. The scholarship winner will get an award amount of $10,000 to $50,000 during their study.
Description of the Duke-NUS Medical School
The Duke–NUS Medical School, a graduate medical school in Singapore that is ranked among the top national medical school, has made it its mission to establish regional platforms and networks to build competencies and enhance collaboration and promote thoughtful leadership in innovative regulatory science and health systems policy within and among national regulatory agencies, industry, health ministries, and academia.
Why would you like to study at the Duke–NUS Medical School? Duke–NUS Medical School is a medical college where students will gain the skills to practice and improve medical practice. It prepares doctors who will be equipped and knowledgeable enough to practice in the rapidly changing world of medicine. The curriculum of Duke–NUS Medical School is set so that the students can acquire and improve upon the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for any medical practitioner.
Brief Details of the Shaw Foundation International Scholarships at Duke-NUS Medical School 2022-2023
- Institution: Duke-Nus Medical School
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Doctorate Degree
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Number of Scholarships: Six
- To be taken at: Singapore
Application Deadline: Application Closes September 1, 2022
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are welcome to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake a Doctorate study programme in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) programme.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time local or international students at Duke–NUS Medical School.
- The applicants must be enrolled full-time in an eligible course at Duke
- All applicants must have completed, or be in the final year of, a bachelor’s or honors degree.
- Language Requirement: To meet the English requirement for our programme, the following are the minimum scores that should be achieved:
- 600 (for TOEFL paper-based test) or
- 85 (for TOEFL internet-based test) or
- An overall band score of 7.0 (for IELTS).
Value of Scholarship
The Duke–NUS Medical School will provide the amount up to $50,000 per year for up to four years in Singapore. That is $10,000 per year.
- How to Apply:If you want to participate in this educational programme, You must take the Duke-NUS online admission application in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program at the university. Accepted students that meet the scholarship criteria will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: Students must have certificates and transcripts, curriculum vitae (CV/Resume), 3-5 references, passport copy. Applicants should reach out to their respective institutions to request for their electronic official transcripts to be sent directly to Duke-NUS at [email protected]