Good news! University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program is currently open. University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for PhD or Postdoctoral studies. This scholarship provides return travel costs from country of residence to Lucerne, accommodation costs and living allowance up to 150 CHF per week.
The fellowship program is set up to support junior scholars (PhD students and postdocs) who wish to undertake a short-term research stay at the institute. The scheme is open to all working broadly on interdisciplinary topics at the intersections between law, the humanities and the social sciences. Focusing on critical and theoretical approaches, the institute aims to bring together a diverse group of scholars who read and think widely across fields, contexts and disciplines.
The Visiting Fellows Program is designed to satisfy aspiring youthful scientists who desire to devote time conducting studies on a specific subject at the university. Fellows are encouraged to communicate and improve their thoughts through involvement in presentations, seminars, colloquia, and meetings during their visit.
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Institution(s): University of Lucerne
Level of Study: PhD / Postdoctoral
Study in: Switzerland
The Institution for Interdisciplinary Legal Studies – lucernaiuris is a center for pioneering teaching and research that crosses traditional borders between law, the humanities and the social sciences. It embraces a characteristic position within the national and international academic landscape as an innovative forum for intellectual exchange and collaboration.
The institution’s activities presently focus on the main themes below:
- Law, Media and Technology
- Law and Economics
- Histories of Law and Justice
- Law, Arts and Humanities
- Theory and History of Intellectual Property Rights
- Law and Biomedicine
- Law and Sustainability
Courses Offered for University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program:
- Legal Futures and Futurity
- Law and New Technologies
- Law and the Life Sciences
- Theories of Justice and Histories of the Judiciary
- Law, Art and Politics
- The regular length of tenure of a fellowship is between thirty and sixty days.
- Exclusions to the above are possible. They must, however, be well founded and are made at the discretion of the assessment committee.
Benefits of University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program
University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program provides the recipient with following benefits:
- Workspace at the university;
- Appropriating freedoms for both the Lucerne central library and the institute’s own reference collection;
- A varied calendar of lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences;
- A friendly and stimulating environment for discussion and reflection.
- Reimbursement of return travel costs from country of residence to Lucerne (economy class, up to a maximum of 1’500 CHF);
- Reimbursement of accommodation costs (studio apartment/shared flat in Lucerne, up to a maximum of 850 CHF per month);
- Living stipend of between 100 CHF and 150 CHF each week for the period of stay (dependent on present appointment and salary).
Eligibility for University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program
To be eligible for University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Target Group:All World Countries.
- The program is accessible to PhD and postdoctoral researchers.
- There are no limitations on race or country of residence.
- The standard term limit for postdocs is up to five years after the completion of the Ph.D.
- Exceptions to the above are possible. They should, however, be well founded and are made at the discretion of the assessment committee.
How to Apply for University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- All candidates should submit the following documents to Dr. Steven Howe ([email protected])
- A completed application form.
- A current academic CV (with a list of publications, if relevant)
To inquire further about University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program, please visit official website Official Website .