Application for Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships is open. The Enterprise Fellowships are open to international students from all over the world to pursue doctoral studies at Royal Academy of Engineering UK. Innovative and creative entrepreneurial engineers are supported by this program who have depicted an exceptional novelty in engineering which they want to develop further.
Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships emphases on preparing the awardee with the skills, experience, confidence and network of expert advisers required to enable them to develop their innovation. Three types of persons are supported by Enterprise Fellowships; recent graduates wishing to create a company, researchers wishing to spin out a company from a university or research institute, and foreign PhD students living in the UK, wanting to spin out or start up.
The Royal Academy of Engineeringoverarching goal for 2025 is to harness the power of engineering to build a sustainable society and an inclusive economy that works for everyone. At the Royal Academy of Engineering we have a responsibility to provide leadership for engineering and technology and technical leadership for wider society.
Deadline: Stage 1: August 31, 2020, Stage 2: September 28, 2020
Institution(s): Royal Academy of Engineering
Level of Study: PhD
Study in: UK
Benefits of Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships
Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Tailored mentoring and training.
- Up to £60,000 equity-free funding.
- PR, marketing and promotion.
- Access to our drop-in work-space in central London.
Acceptable expenses directly connected to the fellowship may include: travel, equipment, business consultancy, project specific consumables, legal expenses, specific business courses and attending conferences and seminars directly connected to the Enterprise Fellowship.
Eligibility for Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships
To be eligible for Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships, the criteria itemized below is to be fulfilled:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Must be a non-UK citizen.
- May apply through either the university spin-out route or the graduate startup route, depending on your employment situation. If applying under the graduate route, your date of graduation of your first degree does not affect your eligibility. Please call if you would like to discuss.
- Need to be studying for a PhD at a UK Higher Education Institute, in an engineering department, or connected research area.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK for the entire period of the Fellowship.
- Have to receive their PhD between 1 January 2019 and 1 December 2019.
How to Apply for Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships
Visit official website link provided at the end. Here are some necessary steps to avail Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships:
- Applicants must first register with the system from here.
- Once logged in, select My Applications in the top left corner, and choose an application form the list of currently open programs.
- The application process has two stages:
- Stage 1
- In first stage, you shortly tell us about yourself and your innovation. It should go for about 30 minutes to complete. If the idea is suitable for the type of the support we offer and you are a good fit for the program, we will invite you to complete a stage 2 application.
- This stage does not assess how good the idea is, but whether it is suitable for our program.
- Stage 2
- The second stage application is more comprehensive and will consider how worthy the idea is, and your potential to lead a start-up. You will need to provide more information about yourself, the technology and the business model. This part of the application will be reviewed by a panel of experts and, if successful, you will be invited to interview.
- Stage 1
- You will be invited to interview.
To inquire further about Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships, please visit Official Website.