Good news!Tuition Scholarship for International Students at Metropolitan State University is currently open. Metropolitan State University in the USA is welcoming applications for the Tuition Scholarship for foreign Students in the 2020/2021 session. The foreign student non-resident scholarship tuition is a distinctive award for Metropolitan State’s full-time international students have proven good academic standing.
The scholarship award is renewable for up to eight semesters for qualified undergraduate scholars and five semesters for graduate students, if all eligibility and renewal criteria
are met and financial resources are available.
Metropolitan State University has been dedicated to fulfilling the higher education desires of the people of Minneapolis–Saint Paul. We are a completely endorsed, comprehensive university and an associate of the Minnesota State higher education system. Metropolitan State University is an all-inclusive urban university dedicated to fulfilling the higher education needs of the Twin Cities and greater metropolitan population.
The school will make available reachable, good-quality liberal arts, professional, and graduate education to the inhabitants and communities of the metropolitan area, with continuous emphasis on underserved groups, including adults and communities of color. Within the setting of lifelong learning, the university will grow on its national status for groundbreaking student-centered programs that empower students from diverse backgrounds accomplish their educational goals. The school is dedicated to academic excellence and community partnerships through curriculum, teaching, scholarship and services planned to assist an urban mission.
At the beginning, Metropolitan State was known for its student-centered style to serving adult students by recognizing demonstrated learning gained outside the classroom and offering smaller classes along with flexible class schedules. Practitioner-focused community faculty members continue to teach most courses. Also, Metropolitan State’s unique proficiency model helped students to customize their degree programs to mirror their specific interests and goals. The legacy of that survives today in Metropolitan State’s College of Individualized Studies, the university’s largest college, where scholars can create and pursue degree programs fashioned precisely to meet their educational, professional and personal goals.
Deadline: Spring Semester: December 1
Institution: Metropolitan State University
Level of study: Undergraduate and Graduate level
Benefits of Tuition Scholarship for International Students at Metropolitan State University
- It allows qualified students to pay tuition at the same rate as Minnesota inhabitants.
Eligibility for Tuition Scholarship for International Students at Metropolitan State University
To be eligibleTuition Scholarship for International Students at Metropolitan State University, students must:
- Be admitted as a degree-seeking student;
- Hold valid international student status;
- Be enrolled as a full-time student when making application and during the scholarship period (minimum 12 credits for undergraduate and 8 credits for graduate students)
- Make available evidence of university international student health insurance coverage;
- To keep getting the tuition scholarship, undergraduate scholars must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA and successfully complete at least of 12 credits each semester. Graduate scholars must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and successfully complete at least of eight graduate credits each semester. Grades of I, W, or F/NC will not be used towards the credit requirement.
- A student may not enroll in more than one course as pass/fail per semester.
- Stick to their present resident address on file with Metropolitan State’s Records and Registration, and foreign Student Services office.
- Must complete at partaking or attend 2 cultural activities or partake in community service volunteer activities every semester.
- They must also finish and submit a Cultural Activity/Volunteer Form. The community service/cultural activity must be pre-approved by the Director of International Student Services.
How to Apply for Tuition Scholarship for International Students at Metropolitan State University
- The program application materials are accessible from the International Student Services (ISS) web site. Scholars must re-apply each semester.
- Every candidate must provide the following materials to the International Services Office, postmarked on or before the deadline:
- International Student Tuition Scholarship Application form;
- Make available evidence of Metropolitan State health insurance coverage.
University Vision Statement
Metropolitan State University is an associate of the Minnesota State College and University System. It will be the premier urban, public, comprehensive system university in the Twin Cities metropolitan area and will provide high-quality, inexpensive educational programs and services in a student-centered setting.
The faculty, staff and scholars of Metropolitan State will mirror the area’s rich diversity, build a culturally capable and anti-racist learning community and exhibit an unwavering commitment to civic engagement.
Click here for more details and to apply(PDF) for Tuition Scholarship for International Students at Metropolitan State University.