Good news! Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington is currently open. Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand is welcoming application submissions for the Tongarewa Scholarship for International Students in the 2020/2021 session.
The Scholarship celebrates the University’s commitment to its international student community. They grant a variety of these scholarships to foreign students every year. Candidates can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
Scholarships are granted competitively on the grounds of academic excellence. Applicants apply to study in the year subsequent application and will be credited to tuition fees. Qualified applicants may be demanded to provide further information to support their application. Beneficiaries of the Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by their deadline.
Closing date: Applications closeNovember 30 (For Trimester 1),September 1(For Trimester 3)
Country: New Zealand
Institution: Victoria University of Wellington
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Level
Benefits of Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington
- This is a partial fee-based grant that will be put in the direction of your tuition fees for a year of study.
- Beneficiaries of the Scholarship are assured an offer of a residence in one of their Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by their deadline
Worthiness for Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington
Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington applicants must be:
- Foreign scholars who are paying full international fees
- Incoming their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
You are not qualified for this scholarship if you:
- Accomplished your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- Accomplished a essential degree at Victoria University of Wellington (i.e. the English Proficiency Program or Foundation Studies Program)
- Are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our abroad partner institution of higher education
- Are in your sophomore or subsequent year of study at Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship specific documentation
The subsequent documentation must be provided as part of your online scholarship application:
- One personal statement of up to 500 words detailing why you desire to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic objectives and why you are worthy of the Scholarship. Applicant should also include any leadership positions and specifics of your involvement in your school or community.
- Complete transcripts and other documentation germane to the qualification type.
- An offer of place from the school (conditional or unconditional).
Steps to Apply for Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington
- Ensure to read the Applicants Guidance Note carefully before finishing as eligibility criteria may vary across counties.
- An accomplished online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or unfinished applications will not be accepted.
- Any compulsory supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the deadline in order for the application to be considered.
- Due to latest events and travel restrictions globally, scholars are now able to apply to receive the Tongarewa Scholarship for study at Victoria University of Wellington in Trimester 3, 2020.
- Every offer of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year program (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) in the specified criteria and tenure of the grant. No Scholarship payment will be made until this condition is fulfilled.
- The Grant cannot be deferred to a future year.
- The Grant may be possessed in conjunction with other awards.
- If the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington in the course of the tenure of this scholarship or fail to attain a satisfactory progress, part repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Beneficiaries must advise the Scholarships Office if they plan to withdraw.
- Receivers are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and partake in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the will of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be revised in special situations or to avoid hardship to any applicant for the Scholarship.
Click here for more details and to apply for Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington.