Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) invite applications from foreign undergraduate or masters scholars for short-term research attachments at A*STAR, Singapore for academic session 2020/2021. Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) will provide monthly stipend of $1,500. The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) backs short-term research attachments for top foreign scholars at A*STAR, giving you the unique chance to experience the vibrant scientific environment in A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia, and work with distinguished and world-renowned researchers.
A*STAR awards scholarships to brilliant students with a strong interest and desire for science and research to chase their undergraduate studies at internationally famous universities. They are dedicated to providing them with opportunities for gaining first-hand research exposure at A*STAR and universities and learning from the greatest scientific scholars that are devoted to mentoring fresh growing scientists.
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) energies mission-oriented research, that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. They play a key role in nurturing and developing talent and leaders for our Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry.
Their research generates economic growth and employments for Singapore. As a Science and Technology Organization, they bind the gap between academia and industry in terms of research and growth. In these endeavors, they strive to integrate the germane competencies of their research institutes and collaborate with the wider research community and other public sector agencies towards meaningful and impactful outcomes. Together with the other public sector entities, they develop industry sectors by:
- integrating our abilities to make impact with Multi-National Corporations and Globally Competitive Companies;
- partnering Local Enterprises for productivity and gearing them for development; and
- nurturing R&D-driven Start-ups by seeding for surprises and shaping for success.
Their research, in addition, also contributes to societal benefits such as improving outcomes in healthcare, urban living, and sustainability. These work to improve lives in Singapore and beyond.
Deadline: August 31, 2020
Level of Study: Masters / Undergraduate
Study in: Singapore
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science
- 2 months to a maximum of 6 months.
- A modest report describing the student’s experience and research project is required to be submitted to A*GA 3 weeks prior completion of attachment.
Benefits of Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA)
Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) will provide:
- Monthly stipend of $1,500.
Eligibility for Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA)
To qualify for Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA), candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- RequiredLanguage: English.
- EligibleCountries: All world countries.
- Foreign students in Biomedical Sciences and Physical Science and Engineering related fields who are undergraduate students in their third or fourth year, or Master students.
- For Non-nationals studying in Overseas Educational Institutes, the attachment must be part of your school’s requirements (i.e. contributes to grades or graduation requirements) for student to be qualified for a Training Employment Pass (TEP).
How to Apply for Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA)
Please follow the following application instructions to Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA):
- Complete the application form here.
- Provide the following documents:
- CV. Ensure your CV is updated with a valid email address.
- Educational transcripts/certificates.
Note: You may be required to provide a Letter of Support from your school at a later stage. so you should request for one from your school while your application is being processed.
- Fill in your choice of research institute and the research supervisor(s) that you are interested to work under (optional). Submit your application.
Students are encouraged to find out more about the capabilities and areas of research. Accepted students will be communicated by the identified RI supervisor/ HR for nomination.
For more information about the A*STAR Research Institutes (RI), click here.
To know more about Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA), please visit Official Website