A*Star International Fellowship is open for international students to pursue post-doctoral degree in Singapore. A*Star International Fellowship offer sophisticated teaching possibilities at prestigious universities and labs to assist you create fresh science capacities and undertake cutting-edge studies in your specialization sector. Not only will you teach from the finest minds, but through this international knowledge you will also create invaluable networks with the worldwide research community.
Expand your study experience, deepen your understanding, and build global connections with the A*STAR International Fellowship to promote your science profession. A*Star International Fellowship fully supports your post-doctoral training at leading laboratories in overseas. With this international experience, you can connect and nurture international links with the global research community. Upon completion of your post-doctoral training, you will embark on an exciting career at an A*STAR Research Institute. After completion of the post-doctoral research training, scholars will return to Singapore and contribute three (3) years to the A*STAR Research Institute
Deadline: The Application is open throughout the year.
Level of Study: Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Study in: Singapore
- Chemicals, materials and energy
- Food, nutrition & consumer care
- Pharmaceuticals & biologics
- Medical technology
- Infocomms (infocommunications)
- Upon conclusion of the post-doctoral research program, scholars will return to Singapore and add A*STAR’s Research Institute for three (3) years.
Benefits of A*Star International Fellowship
A*Star International Fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
Successful candidates will be offered the following support for up to 2 years of abroad post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance.
- Monthly sustenance stipend, added with CPF contribution (where applicable).
- Yearly return airfare.
- Other allowances including:
- Settling-in allowance.
- Computer allowance.
- Book allowance.
- Conference allowance.
- Yearly personal insurance.
- The 3 years will be accomplished and sponsored by the preferred A*STAR Research Institute.
- All rates/stipends differ according to country and university/lab, and are dependent on A*STAR adjustments from time to time.
Eligibility for A*Star International Fellowship
To be eligible for A*Star International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- RequiredLanguages: English
- EligibleCountries: All World Countries
- Non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have finished a PhD in the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a pertinent post-doctoral position at a top foreign university/laboratory.
- Candidates in the last stages of their PhD program may apply for the AIF. Though, their AIF award is established only upon conferment of their PhD degree.
- As AIF awardees are required to serve in an A*STAR Research Institute after their post-doctoral training, AIF candidates should identify the pertinent Research Institute in which they will work throughout their service commitment period, and engage the Research Institute Executive Director and prospective supervisor before their AIF application.
The above eligibility standards are not exhaustive.
A*STAR can include additional selection standards based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies can be revised from time to time without notice.
How to Apply for A*Star International Fellowship
Please follow the following important steps to avail A*Star International Fellowship:
- Sign Up” Create your own account”, then Enter your e-mail and Password, You will see the online application form.
- Fill in the required application, then Submit.
- After you have submitted all the required documents, your application will be reviewed and you may be requested to provide more information while we assess your application. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend psychometric test/s and at least two rounds of interviews.
Please take note for the interview: You will be given 15 minutes to present your proposed research project. This is followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
If you are qualified for the subsequent interview round(s): you will need to get endorsement from your proposed A*STAR Research Institute Supervisor and Executive Director for you to serve the 1-year service pledged period at that Research Institute after the post-doctoral program under the AIF.
To inquire more about A*Star International Fellowship, please visit Official Website