ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Life Sciences is open to international students who want to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment. ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program comprises of a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. The most successful ones will also be qualified, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to back their own research work as fresh PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Program, named in memory of Prof. Arturo Falaschi, the mind and powerful force of the Centre at its commencement, includes five types of long and short-term PhD and Postdoctoral awards accessible to scientists who are nationals of ICGEB Member States to execute research in Trieste, New Delhi or Cape Town.
It was established under UNIDO in 1983, the ICGEB is a unique, autonomous, Intergovernmental Organization, with biotech labs in Italy, India, and South Africa.
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Study in: Trieste, Italy / New Delhi, India / Cape Town, South Africa
- Life Sciences
- 2 years with the probability of a 1-year extension
Benefits of ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Every month pay: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750..
- Travel: The fellowship program includes provision for travel costs from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Backing for participation in Meetings and Courses is largely provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no monetary provision, nor can it provide administrative backing for family members of partakers in the program.
- ICGEB Trieste: An Accommodation Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia. For more information, please click here.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Visitor Lodge is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Housing support is made available to fellows. Preparations are agreed prior arrival.
Eligibility for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program comprises of a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. To qualify for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- RequiredLanguage: English.
- EligibleCountries: Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: candidates should have a fresh PhD in Life Sciences.
- The applicant must have at least 3 years research experience.
- Inclination is given to applicants under the age of 35.
How to Apply for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program:
- Create an account and start filling the application from here.
- You need to provide these documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Proposed research.
- PhD degree certificate
- Personal statement.
- Three (3) referees who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently.
To know more about ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, please visit Official Website