Good news! Queensland University Law Scholarships is currently open. Queensland University Law Scholarships is a funded scholarship for international students. Queensland University Law Scholarships is offered for Masters in Law studies. Queensland University Law Scholarships is valued at 25% or 50% of the laws component of master’s degree program. The School of Law at the University of Queensland is offering scholarships for outstanding international students seeking admission into a coursework masters programs in law—the Master of International Law (MIL), the Master of Laws (LLM), and the Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) or double degree programs.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is a public research institution of higher education primarily situated in Brisbane, Australia. Established in 1909 by the state parliament, UQ is Australia’s fifth oldest institution of higher education. UQ is rated one of Australia’s leading universities and is categorized as one of the most reputable on the globe. The aim of the scholarship is to inspire and support academic distinction in foreign students starting undergraduate study in Law at the University of Queensland.
The School of Economics and UQ Foundation have successfully developed a close working relationship over a number of years, with increasing numbers of international students deciding to pursue an economics degree at UQ after completing their Foundation studies. Students wishing to have a degree that provides critical thinking skills, problem-solving ability and strong analytical tools which they can apply to a diverse range of business environments and industries are recognizing the importance of economics to long-term career opportunity.
Deadline: May 30th, 2021/October 30th, 2020
Institution(s): Queensland University
Level of Study: Masters
Study in: Australia
- The Master of Laws (LLM)
- The Master of International Law (MIL)
- The Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw)
- Dual degree programs.
Benefits of Queensland University Law Scholarships
Queensland University Law Scholarshipsprovide the recipient:
- Four different scholarship awards are offered; two scholarship awards covering 50% of the tuition fees and two scholarship awards covering 25% of the tuition fees for courses embarked on towards the Master of International Law (MIL), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) programs. The scholarship award does not comprise living costs, travel costs, overseas health expenses or the student Services and Amenities fee.
Eligibility for Queensland University Law Scholarships
To qualify for Queensland University Law Scholarships for foreign Students, applicants must meet all of the requirements below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Foreign students who have applied or are applying for admission into a postgraduate program in law and candidates have not yet started at UQ.
- Candidates must not concurrently have a similar scholarship.
How to Apply for Queensland University Law Scholarships
- Candidate must first apply to study at UQ. Candidate will have to apply to study the LLM, MIL, MICLaw or double degree programs.
- Once you have an existing application with UQ, or have received an offer, you can apply for a scholarship by submitting the application form together with the supporting documentation below:
- Official academic transcript/s
- A personal statement describing the reason you want, or have commenced, a career in law
- Two reference letters
- Evidence of English proficiency (e.g. IELTS)
- Email your application to [email protected]. Please note:
- Unfinished or late scholarship applications will not be accepted.
- The Scholarship Committee will meet as soon as possible after the deadline and candidates will be informed of the result in writing.
- Whichever offer of a scholarship is made subject to approval of the candidate’s admission in an approved law program at The University of Queensland.
- For inquiries or help please contact: [email protected].
Candidates who are selected for consideration may be expected to partake in a Skype interview.
To inquire further about Queensland University Law Scholarships, please visit Official Website.