Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme is accessible for foreign students to pursue their doctoral studies in Hong Kong, China. Founded in 2009 by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC), the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme seeks to attract excellent learners from around the globe to pursue their PhD programs at Hong Kong universities. It was established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the universe to go for their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
The Fellowship shall provide an annual grant of HK$240,000 (approximately US$ 30,000) and a conference and research travel allowance of HK$10,000 (approximately US$ 1,300) per year to each recipient for a period of up to three years. 250 PhD Fellowship awards will be offered in the academic year 2020/21.
Hong Kong is an open and vibrant society where creativity and entrepreneurship unite. Well located in the heart of Asia, it is a cosmopolitan city presenting worldwide connectivity, security and rich diversity, and is home to a unique network of people who celebrate excellence and worthy living. Hong Kong’s education system nurtures lifelong learning and independent research, principal to a motivated, highly capable and entrepreneurial workforce. Hong Kong welcomes an international workforce. Institutions of higher education in Hong Kong give special strengths within a wide choice of disciplines, developing the city into a regional and international hub for higher education and talent development.
Deadline: December 1, 2020
Institution(s): See List Below
Level of Study: PhD
Study in: Hong Kong, China
The HKPF (Hong Kong PhD Fellowship assists the beneficiaries to pursue their PhD studies at UGC-funded institutions in Hong Kong:
Eligible PhD Programs offered by participating institutions.
Benefits of Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Structure for International Studentsprovides the recipient with the following benefits:
- An annual stipend of HK$240,000 (approximately US$30,000)
- A conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (approximately US$1,300) per year to each awardee for a period of up to three years.
- The RGC does not require any application payment for the (HKPFS). But, universities may charge application or other processing dues.
Eligibility Criteria for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
Applicants who are looking for admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight universities, regardless of their country of origin, before work experience and ethnic background, should be qualified to apply. To be qualified for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for foreign Students, you must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries:All World Countries.
- Applicants who are looking for admission as new full-time PhD students in UGC-financed institutions of Hong Kong, regardless of their country of origin, before work experience and ethnic background, should be qualified to apply.
- Candidates should show exceptional qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal abilities, and leadership skills.
Steps to Apply for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
Please follow below steps to avail Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students:
- Before applying please check this link
- Fill the initial Application from here
- Provide Earlier Application to Research Grants Council [email protected]
(Important notice : Open for applications at 12:00 noon Hong Kong Time )
- Submit Full Applications to Proposed Universities
(After finishing an earlier application, applicants should submit full applications for their selected PhD programs to the proposed universities quoting their HKPFS Reference Number before the universities’ respective deadlines. For program information, necessities for PhD admission, application methods, regulations and policy of individual universities, please refer to individual universities and PhD programs for information. )
- For more information about how to apply click here & here
To inquire further about Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students, please visit Official Website.