NCTU International Scholarship is currently open for international students. NCTU International Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for foreign students. The scholarship is offered for masters and undergraduate studies. NCTU International Scholarship provides $700 for undergraduate, $733 for masters, $966 for doctoral students every month.
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Institution(s): National Chiao Tung University
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / Doctoral
Study in: Taiwan
National Chiao Tung University offers NCTU International Scholarship for outstanding foreign students with excellent academic and research records to study at the University and to promote internationalization. The funding for the scholarship award includes grants and subsidies from the Ministry of Education of Taiwan (R.O.C.). The scholarship is awarded for a 1 academic year period in principle and may be reapplied and reviewed regularly based on applicants’ academic performance and research records.
National Chiao Tung University is a public research institution of higher education situated in Hsinchu, Taiwan. Established in 1896 as Nanyang Public School by an imperial edict of the Guangxu Emperor, it is one of Taiwan`s Leading Universities. NCTU international scholarships 2021 for the spring semester are open for international students. Taiwan scholarships for international students are now accepting the application to study in Taiwan. After experiencing 60 years of development and refinement, it brags exceptional performance in the fields of information and communications, basic research, biotechnology, humanities and social sciences, management and law. Presently, the entire number of students stands at more than 14,000. There are 12 colleges, including the College of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Computer Science, College of Science, College of Engineering, College of Biological Science and Technology, College of Photonics, International College of Semiconductor Technology, College of Management, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Hakka Studies, School of Law and College of Artificial Intelligence.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Semiconductor Technology
- Biological Science and Technology
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Up to one year but can be extended
Benefits of NCTU International Scholarship
NCTU International Scholarship provides the recipient with below benefits:
- Undergraduate students: up to NT$21,000 (US$700) per month and/or tuition waiver.
- Master’s students: up to NT$22,000 (US$733) per month and/or tuition waiver.
- Doctoral students: up to NT$29,000 (US$966) per month and/or tuition waiver.
Eligibility for NCTU International Scholarship
To qualify for NCTU International Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Eligible Countries:All world countries.
- Students must have their bachelor’s degree/transcript (16-year) eductaion at the time of application for Master Degree applications.
- Applicants must have their master`s degree/transcript (18-yesr) education at the time of application for PhD degree applications
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record
- Must have a strong interest to study/research in Taiwan
- Scholars will be preferred if they have extracurricular accomplishments, community engagement, social obligation and leadership skills.
- Students must be able to demonstrate their English proficiency skills (if you have English proficiency letter from your previous institution it will be acceptable)
How to Apply for NCTU International Scholarship
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for NCTU International Scholarship.
- Register from here and confirm your account via e-mail.
- Log into your account from here and fill the application and when filling out the online admission application form, mark “Apply for NCTU Scholarship” in the scholarship section for your application to be considered.
- Required Documents:
- Copy of Passport
- Educational Documents (degrees/transcripts..)
- Study Plan
- Two letters of Recommendation
- English language proficiency certificate
- Work experience (if any)
- Other documents (honors, awards, publications…) if any
- Submit the admission application form together with other required documents for admission and upload it to NCTU online application system.
To inquire further about NCTU International Scholarship, please visit Official Website